Thread: Colorado State Parks

Colorado State Parks

What I find annoying, because I called the state parks to ask before I go. They all tell me firearms are not permitted at the parks.

State police say otherwise. What I am reading say otherwise.

Seems like that they are making rules up (park services/rangers).

Legal. See http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Rul...ions/ChP01.pdf on page 14. Save yourself a phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by shaun View Post
    Legal. See http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Rul...ions/ChP01.pdf on page 14. Save yourself a phone call.
    That link only says that licensed concealed carry is legal. What about OC?
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by JonStore View Post
    What I find annoying, because I called the state parks to ask before I go. They all tell me firearms are not permitted at the parks.

State police say otherwise. What I am reading say otherwise.

Seems like that they are making rules up (park services/rangers).
    Two incidents in your first few days? That's unusual!

Regardless, the best advice I received on this forum was this: "Research the law and know it well. Stay within the boundaries and carry on."

When I first started OCing, I used to make those calls, and got almost as many answers as I made calls. If you remain well within the law, it's difficult to go wrong.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

By default it refers to Title 18 CRS. As far as I can see that leaves OC permitted as OC doesn't violate the law unless in specifically prohibited areas - ie schools, government buildings where posted.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Two incidents in your first few days? That's unusual! <snip>
    I look young and have a small amount of facial hair. Even with my family I may appear like a "young whipper snapper", to those more experienced than I. I don't dress punk like.

Well the second one I brought on myself. By making a phone call. Sometimes, but rarely... I work on assumptions. In this case I assumed the LEO (park department/ranger) would be the subject matter expert on matters of law, but I'm finding that was not the case.

I was however, really impressed with the state police. Trooper called me back and gave me the lowdown on Colorado, some websites to look at, and said he understood the motivations for carrying, said he also carried off duty. Very very well informed and supportive. Very professional.

Then again, in my personal experience I have always found LEOs to be professional. I don't remember a bad experience... except signing that speeding citation I deserved. lol
    Last edited by JonStore; 06-24-2014 at 11:05 AM.