• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok to have long gun in your car as a minor in Florida?

4thA

hi, i know there is no discussions about LG being open carried on this forum but i decided since this LG would not be open carried, why not start a thread and get some answers? i have been trying to find somewhere in Florida's statues about minors having long guns secured in there cars.

"A minor under 18 years of age may not possess a firearm, other than an unloaded firearm at his or her home, unless:
(a) The minor is engaged in a lawful hunting activity and is:
1. At least 16 years of age; or
2. Under 16 years of age and supervised by an adult.
(b) The minor is engaged in a lawful marksmanship competition or practice or other lawful recreational shooting activity and is:
1. At least 16 years of age; or
2. Under 16 years of age and supervised by an adult who is acting with the consent of the minor’s parent or guardian.
(c) The firearm is unloaded and is being transported by the minor directly to or from an event authorized in paragraph (a) or paragraph (b).
(4)(a) Any parent or guardian of a minor, or other adult responsible for the welfare of a minor, who knowingly and willfully permits the minor to possess a firearm in violation of subsection (3) commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084".

i have found this and i believe this does prohibit minors from having LG in there car unless they are doing what is stated above. But i would like to know, does this also include pistols? I believe i have found my answer for the first question but i would like other members to chip in on both, Thanks.