Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Man Beaten Faces Charges For Shooting His Attackers? [Updated]

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,541

    Man Beaten Faces Charges For Shooting His Attackers? [Updated]

    Man Being Beaten With Baseball Bat Faces Charges For Shooting His Attackers? [Updated]

    The last I checked, a man being held and beaten with a baseball bat by multiple assailants would seem to be under a clear assault with a deadly weapon, justifying a lethal force response in self defense.

    That’s why I have to wonder what the heck is going on in Milwaukee, where a maintenance man being beaten in a stairwell with a baseball bat faces charges after killing his attackers:

    http://bearingarms.com/man-being-bea...his-attackers/
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-23-2014 at 11:52 AM.
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Regular Member NavyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eastside, Washington, USA
    Posts
    196

    No charges were brought.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Man Being Beaten With Baseball Bat Faces Charges For Shooting His Attackers? [Updated]

    The last I checked, a man being held and beaten with a baseball bat by multiple assailants would seem to be under a clear assault with a deadly weapon, justifying a lethal force response in self defense.

    That’s why I have to wonder what the heck is going on in Milwaukee, where a maintenance man being beaten in a stairwell with a baseball bat faces charges after killing his attackers:

    http://bearingarms.com/man-being-bea...his-attackers/
    http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/Ma....html?lc=Smart

    DA ruled it was self defense.
    cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt

  3. #3
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,047
    What does a traffic stop have to do with self defense? Like you've never been pulled over...

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    What does a traffic stop have to do with self defense? Like you've never been pulled over...
    Depends on who persuades you to pull off the road and stop, okay?

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709

    Clarification

    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    What does a traffic stop have to do with self defense? Like you've never been pulled over...
    I believe "Nightmare's" intent was to show that Wisconsin Court Access only has a single record, and it wasn't for the shooting. Nightmare was simply trying to "cite to authority" that charges were not filed.

    Carry On

  6. #6
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Depends on who persuades you to pull off the road and stop, okay?

    Ha! You forgot to log out of your other account.

  7. #7
    Regular Member wimwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Doug
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Just so, and thank you.

    Also to encourage our correspondents to know the company that we keep - through WCCA in the vein of use it or lose it.

    And using it to harass is a crime. Better read that addendum before you click the box that says "I accept."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •