Thread: Man Beaten Faces Charges For Shooting His Attackers? [Updated]

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Man Beaten Faces Charges For Shooting His Attackers? [Updated]

Man Being Beaten With Baseball Bat Faces Charges For Shooting His Attackers? [Updated]

The last I checked, a man being held and beaten with a baseball bat by multiple assailants would seem to be under a clear assault with a deadly weapon, justifying a lethal force response in self defense.

That’s why I have to wonder what the heck is going on in Milwaukee, where a maintenance man being beaten in a stairwell with a baseball bat faces charges after killing his attackers:

http://bearingarms.com/man-being-bea...his-attackers/
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-23-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

DA Chisholm, Rossetto not charged, self-defense

The original incident date is 12 March. The date on the updated BearingArms.com report is 14 March.

Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm announced Wednesday that Jeremy Rossetto will not be charged in connection with the March 12 shooting death of two teens who were hitting him with a souvenir baseball bat. The district attorney's office reviewed the police investigation, interviewed witnesses and viewed witness cellphone video before concluding that Rossetto shot the teens in self-defense. Here's the original 2 April MJS http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/j...253608471.html
    Here's the original OCDO. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...not-be-charged

Here is Rossetto's one case number 2012TR017767 at http://wcca.wicourts.gov/simpleCaseSearch.xsl
    A traffic violation (346.31(1) Fail to Follow Indicated Turn Forf. U Guilty Due to No Contest Plea)
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-23-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

No charges were brought.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Man Being Beaten With Baseball Bat Faces Charges For Shooting His Attackers? [Updated]

The last I checked, a man being held and beaten with a baseball bat by multiple assailants would seem to be under a clear assault with a deadly weapon, justifying a lethal force response in self defense.

That’s why I have to wonder what the heck is going on in Milwaukee, where a maintenance man being beaten in a stairwell with a baseball bat faces charges after killing his attackers:

http://bearingarms.com/man-being-bea...his-attackers/
    http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/Ma....html?lc=Smart

DA ruled it was self defense.
    cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt

What does a traffic stop have to do with self defense? Like you've never been pulled over...

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    What does a traffic stop have to do with self defense? Like you've never been pulled over...
    Depends on who persuades you to pull off the road and stop, okay?

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    I believe "Nightmare's" intent was to show that Wisconsin Court Access only has a single record, and it wasn't for the shooting. Nightmare was simply trying to "cite to authority" that charges were not filed.

Carry On

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    I believe "Nightmare's" intent was to show that Wisconsin Court Access only has a single record, and it wasn't for the shooting. Nightmare was simply trying to "cite to authority" that charges were not filed. Carry On
    Just so, and thank you.

Also to encourage our correspondents to know the company that we keep - through WCCA in the vein of use it or lose it.

ETA I have not "been pulled over" in almost forty years, and do not have a court record anywhere, and maintained a security clearance for my entire career of servicing strategic assets.

An assertion of non-existence cannot be maintained without an examination of the entire universe of discourse. A single example validates an assertion of existence. I will be pleased to provide an example citation.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-24-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Depends on who persuades you to pull off the road and stop, okay?

Ha! You forgot to log out of your other account.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Just so, and thank you.

Also to encourage our correspondents to know the company that we keep - through WCCA in the vein of use it or lose it.

And using it to harass is a crime. Better read that addendum before you click the box that says "I accept."