Thread: Judge drops complaint against Susan Hitchler who left gun in Brookfield church

Judge drops complaint against Susan Hitchler who left gun in Brookfield church

Susan Hitchler, 66, was charged in April with negligent handling of a weapon, a misdemeanor. The complaint indicated that on March 19 she had left her handgun in a stall of the women's restroom at Elmbrook Church. A church employee found the gun within a few minutes and turned it over to security.
    [ ... ]
    "The bottom line, in my view, was the state must show a crime was probably committed," said Hitchler's attorney, Tom Grieve of Brookfield. "An element of the charged crime is that the defendant's conduct must have directly endangered the safety of another."
    [ ... ]
    Grieve said he expects prosecutors will decide this week whether or how to amend and refile the charge or to let the matter go.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/j...264259601.html
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I'll be interested to see if she has her carry license revoked.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    I'll be interested to see if she has her carry license revoked.
    Why? There is no cause of action in law or equity that I can see.

Here are the DoJ 'Permanent Rules' http://www.doj.state.wi.us/sites/def...nent-rules.pdf

Here is the Wisconsin Statutes Chapter 175 Miscellaneous Police Provisions containing 175.60 License to carry a concealed weapon where the statutory requirements are listed. https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/doc.../ch.%20175.pdf
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Amend it to what I don't think there is a law against leaving a gun in a bath room.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Banned
    I'm from Chicago ... guns are routinely found on floors of public bathrooms ... ya gotta watch out for them so you don't trip.