Thread: Antis launch 'background check' petition

Antis launch 'background check' petition

Better check with the folks in Washington state, where an initiative for UBCs is well under way.

Another ‘background check’ measure filed, this time in Nevada

The Associated Press and San Francisco Chronicle reported yesterday that another gun control lobbying group, this one based in Nevada, has launched an initiative campaign to expand background checks, this time in the Silver State.

http://www.examiner.com/article/anot...is-time-nevada

How many named gun-grabber groups are there now? It would be interesting to know the rate of sharing of the members/names.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

All those calling for more background checks should have background checks done on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2276 View Post
    All those calling for more background checks should have background checks done on them.
    I have long maintained that ALL politicians must undergo criminal, financial and psychological background checks before running for office. And background checks every two years that they are in office. If they can't pass, they lose their job.
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    I have long maintained that ALL politicians must undergo criminal, financial and psychological background checks before running for office. And background checks every two years that they are in office. If they can't pass, they lose their job.
    Don't forget drug and alcohol testing every couple of months.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Don't forget drug and alcohol testing every couple of months.
    And for STDs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Better check with the folks in Washington state, where an initiative for UBCs is well under way.

Another ‘background check’ measure filed, this time in Nevada

The Associated Press and San Francisco Chronicle reported yesterday that another gun control lobbying group, this one based in Nevada, has launched an initiative campaign to expand background checks, this time in the Silver State.

http://www.examiner.com/article/anot...is-time-nevada
    The PAC was filed with the SOS office at 2:45, the petition at 2:46
    Both directors on the PAC filing listed a phone number for a lobbying group that's clients include Everytown
    One director listed a mailing address that is the same one as....Everytown
    The only affiliated group listed on the PAC filing is......Everytown

Make no mistake, this group is not based in Nevada, it is a strawman for Everytown. Would have been more honest to call it Bloomberg for Background Checks, IMHO
    I stopped stocking for the zombie apocalypse. I now stock for the liberal apocalypse.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    I'm looking forward to seeing someone pushing this petition.

I will happily sign it. Not with my actual name or address, of course, in hopes that it's one of the signatures checked when the forms are turned in.

If I have time, I will hang around and remind people that their signatures -- and ADDRESSES -- become public records, useful to those who might want to know where they can meet, say, single women who are likely to not own a gun.

Heck, I might decide to become a circulator myself, let them send me a few hundred blank petitions to lose, damage, or let be circulated by someone who isn't registered to vote in Nevada. These tactics are particularly effective, as people who have signed once are highly unlikely to sign again.
    Last edited by DVC; 06-28-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    They'd have no problems cheating the checking system, or bribing their way through.
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post

I will happily sign it. Not with my actual name or address, of course, in hopes that it's one of the signatures checked when the forms are turned in.

If I have time, I will hang around and remind people that their signatures -- and ADDRESSES -- become public records, useful to those who might want to know where they can meet, say, single women who are likely to not own a gun.

Heck, I might decide to become a circulator myself, let them send me a few hundred blank petitions to lose, damage, or let be circulated by someone who isn't registered to vote in Nevada. These tactics are particularly effective, as people who have signed once are highly unlikely to sign again.
    I'd probably sign if they asked me... I'd put something like "Signed: Luke Skywalker (please disarm those Storm Troopers, they are a menace)"
    Last edited by cjohnson44546; 06-28-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Might be voter fraud but no one would ever find you, and quite frankly, it's time to start fighting not-clean (but not dirty).
    Nevada Carry and Frontier Carry

Helpful guide to gun laws in the Intermountain West

Actually, it's protected free speech to sign a petition with false information (for instance, if you feel intimidated and figure that you have to sign to avoid retribution). It is the responsibility of the circulator to verify that information is accurate.

Actually, it's protected free speech to sign a petition with false information (for instance, if you feel intimidated and figure that you have to sign to avoid retribution). It is the responsibility of the circulator to verify that information is accurate.
    Well, one could argue that a private company (or a forum) could restrict 'free speech' under their TOS or that an 'independent' journalist could cheery pick the results they find most useful (Which is often done on late night shows designed to make people look stupid BUT ONLY show those that are actually stupid (if you didn't fall for it, will they show you? Probably not.))... Short of suing for civil liberty violations (which few will do for obvious reasons): Bottom line, you just might be struck from their 'petition' if they feel you wouldn't be helpful to their cause.

Petitions are worthless. Actions are not. And that's why we Open Carry - we ACTIVELY stand up for our Rights and put ourselves out there for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbod'1 View Post

Petitions are worthless. Actions are not. And that's why we Open Carry - we ACTIVELY stand up for our Rights and put ourselves out there for better or worse
    + 1000

A petition drive got Arizona to legalize CCW, and led to the eventual passage of Constitutional Carry.

You want action? Make a "crook" costume and hang around the people circulating this petition and ask if people who might sign REALLY want you to know who they are, where they live, and that they probably don't have a gun in the house . . .and make a big thing out of encouraging people to sign . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    + 1000
    I say petitions are a very important part of the actions. Many successes as the result of petitions however will agree without actions not worth much.

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    I say petitions are a very important part of the actions. Many successes as the result of petitions however will agree without actions not worth much.
    I take exception in that they have managed to get people to protest Dihydrogen Monoxide -- water.

It doesn't take much to sway the ignorant masses which is why the United States isn't a Democracy.