Thread: Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat. 6/28 9:30 am

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Exclamation Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat. 6/28 9:30 am

Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat. 6/28 9:30 am

River City Diner
    Parham and I-95
    803 East Parham Road

http://rivercitydiner.com/locations.html

Rumor has it that we may well have a special attendee from beyond the pale - an original, never to be duplicated Olde Phart handsome, young videographer.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-27-2014 at 03:27 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Will try again (sigh)…,

maybe things will have straightened out a bit by then. Haven't yet…, but just maybe.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Received word that he wanted to stop by, but likely wouldn't stay for the duration. Itchy feet syndrome me thinks.

Also hear that his money will be no good - an indication of how the staff appreciates him.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Received word that he wanted to stop by, but likely wouldn't stay for the duration. Itchy feet syndrome me thinks.

Also hear that his money will be no good - an indication of how the staff appreciates him.
    Me thinks it's not just the staff that appreciate him. Wish I could be there, but I have a date with a 30 year old Babe in NOVA!

I am even willing to be around Yankees to see my daughter! Please pass on my well wishes.

I suggested to Grapeshot that an arch of crossed coffee cups be formed for him to walk in under.

Grapeshot came back with some lame joke associated with Easter-time baked goods.

I'd hate to think that we wait till after he's gone to honor him.

And yes, even if he just stops by to prove he's not dead yet it will be great to see him not hooked up to wires and hoses.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Don't know who the mystery guest is but I have been forbidden by my Doctor from going to the farm for at least two weeks. Wild horses couldn't stop me fro coming to breakfast. The Keeper has to drive me and may not be there too long....but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Don't know who the mystery guest is but I have been forbidden by my Doctor from going to the farm for at least two weeks. Wild horses couldn't stop me fro coming to breakfast. The Keeper has to drive me and may not be there too long....but we'll see.
    'Tis no secret who the guest is - hope you are up to making an appearance

Keep in mind that there are a lot of Saturdays left.

I should be able to make it. I'll be bringing a trucking buddy with me who I'm sure would have a question or two.

There's also a chance we won't make it though for I may have to take him back to his truck.

Hope to see ya in the AM.
    In our quest for knowledge we must be prepared for and armed against misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    I should be able to make it. I'll be bringing a trucking buddy with me who I'm sure would have a question or two.

There's also a chance we won't make it though for I may have to take him back to his truck.

Hope to see ya in the AM.
    Always good to meet new people - bring the questions on - all quizzes are open book
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-28-2014 at 02:33 AM.

Well it looks like a no go for today. Catch the old man's club next week.
    In our quest for knowledge we must be prepared for and armed against misinformation.

He walked. He talked. He looked pretty darned good for someone who has spend a bit of time hanging around the boat landing at the River Styx.

Now if he would just agree to do at least some of the things that his Keeper tells him to do. Or not to do.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Was extremely good to see Peter upright and naturally grumpy

Appears that the Devil and his minions will have to wait longer to tilt with that windmill.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    He walked. He talked. He looked pretty darned good for someone who has spend a bit of time hanging around the boat landing at the River Styx.

Now if he would just agree to do at least some of the things that his Keeper tells him to do. Or not to do.

stay safe.
    +1000, Skid. The handsome young photographer and his beautiful "Keeper" were looking good this morning considering all they have been through lately, and I really appreciate their effort to join us despite obvious discomfort and reduced energy levels. After hearing about the "event", and the extraordinary series of circumstances that combined to turn the tide in Peter's favor, I continue to believe that there are true heaven sent blessings, and that there is no such thing as "luck" or "coincidence". Peter and "Keeper" get my "Relentless" award.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13 From "The Living Bible" 11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 You will find me when you look for me, if you look for me in earnest.

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.