• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picking up my new OC pistol tomorrow!

websterz

I have close to 3000 rounds of 9mm range brass and nothing to shoot it in. So it was time for me to add a 9 to the collection. After much research I decided on the Ruger SR9. Cowboy's Gun and Pawn in Ponca City matched Buds Gun Shop's price for me, $408 out the door. I like Buds but will support local guys any chance I get! I'll post pics when I get it home.

websterz

I picked up a couple hundred factory rounds and just finished 50 of my own to take to the range today. If the reloads function well I'll crank out another thousand with the same load data and be ready for a full day of fun next time. :)

websterz

Tulammo is too underpowered and was causing lots of problems. Failures to properly eject mainly. My own reloads were also a bit too soft, same failures. I had numerous light primer strikes as well. Today's results were much better. I loaded up 450 rounds with a stouter powder charge. I also pulled the striker and polished all the bearing surfaces to a mirror finish with Mother's Mag Polish to eliminate drag on the striker. The first 400 rounds went off without a single issue. By then the pistol was filthy and I had a couple of failures to feed. I am using Promo powder as it is all I can find lately. It's pretty dirty stuff but it goes bang. Accuracy with 115 grain cast bullets at 7 yards was fantastic! From the bench everything fell in a 2 inch group just right of the X. I didn't have tools with me to drift the rear sight so I'll do that next time. I made a minor elevation adjustment when we moved out to 15 yards on the steel plates. Shooting the pistol from reset made for extremely fast follow up shots and the recoil was easily manageable. This is one sweet pistol!!