• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taste of Tacoma

Bill45

I will apologize before hand but I just have to be the language police on this it just is too hard to fight it.

It is THERE not THEIR.

I also +1 with Dave_pro2a.

Quite appropriate that it is held just across from the Zoo.

Bill45

Having visited there, and never lived there, I can only say if it tastes anything like it smells or looks like, I really don't want a taste!!! :(

bob

You must have visited here long ago. Ever sense the Simpson paper mill and the ASARCO smelter have gone out of business the "Aroma of Tacoma" has long gone.

The odor used to be so bad at times your eyes would water. I must be 20 years sense the AROMA has been an issue.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
You must have visited here long ago. Ever sense the Simpson paper mill and the ASARCO smelter have gone out of business the "Aroma of Tacoma" has long gone.

The odor used to be so bad at times your eyes would water. I must be 20 years sense the AROMA has been an issue.

Careful when you correct others on spelling. Since, not sense. :)

Bill45

This thread has wandered off the original topic. Which, I think was my fault. So.....

I think that going to the Taste of Tacoma while OC is a great idea to show the flag, so to speak, and let the publick see gun owners are not any weirder than average.

I can't be there but the idea is a good one.

BobR

We have something along the same lines in Spokane, sort of, Pig Out in the Park. A bunch of food vendors in Riverfront Park. Besides myself, I know of several other people that OC there every year.

bob

OC Freedom

We have something along the same lines in Spokane, sort of, Pig Out in the Park. A bunch of food vendors in Riverfront Park. Besides myself, I know of several other people that OC there every year.

bob

Pig out in the park is way over priced. The prices for food is like being at Disneyland.

cpgrad08

Went today and had a good time with my friend. No problems with the locals or the PD. I actually had a few people thank me for caring and had a few talks about guns. :)

kparker

Bill45,

The Kraft mill is (as far as I can remember) under new ownership, but it's very definitely NOT out of business. (I see steam rising from their stacks every Wednesday evening, and pay attention to how much wind their direction implies.) They do have new pollution control equipment in place, and the "Tacoma Aroma" is mostly, though not entirely, a thing of the past.

Last edited: