Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick survey on the hatred of anti's

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar

-

-
    Last edited by Liberty-or-Death; 06-29-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty-or-Death View Post
    How many of you have been called names by these people?
    LOL It has been a long time since schoolyard attacks, and learning "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." Equating disparaging epithets with hate is the tool of PC political correctness.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

-
    Last edited by Liberty-or-Death; 06-29-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Out of respect for the owners.
    Be active.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The is no extra charge though.

Personally, I prefer to let some obtain/retain their own level.

We are all familiar with the analogy of wrestling with a pig.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    LOL It has been a long time since schoolyard attacks, and learning "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." Equating disparaging epithets with hate is the tool of PC political correctness.
    Antis could hate you but you would never know it until they verbalize their hate.....or, they could shoot you then you would know.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Antis could hate you but you would never know it until they verbalize their hate.....or, they could shoot you then you would know.
    Au contraire - non verbal actions (facial expression, body language, tone of voice) speak volumes - just like here
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

-
    Last edited by Liberty-or-Death; 06-29-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Out of respect for the owners.
    Be active.

In the past few days, I've been told that I am:
    extremist, domestic terrorist, redneck, ammosexual, disgusting, fat idiot, insecure, compensating for lacking in male sex organs, and many more. μολών λαβέ
    Surely you don't regard extremist as a disparaging epithet and hate speech.
    I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!

The others generally have no meaning, a la Humpty Dumpty.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

Another aphorism: It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Au contraire - non verbal actions (facial expression, body language, tone of voice) speak volumes - just like here
    Well, if I was good at all that stuff I'd rarely if ever get in trouble from my Dear Wife.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

-
    Last edited by Liberty-or-Death; 06-29-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Out of respect for the owners.
    Be active.

So no one has drawn fire like I recently have. Hmm. μολών λαβέ
    Perhaps no one else is hypersensitive to it as you are.

So no one has drawn fire like I recently have. Hmm.

μολών λαβέ
    At one time or another some of us have drawn fire equal to, greater, or lesser than what you describe.

A lot of us do not rise to the bait being presented. And a lot of us consider the source and go on about our day secure in the knowlege that there are petty, angry people out there who we really don't care about.

Do you know the story of the Scotsman attending his first baseball game? "Walk proudly, me boy!"

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Easy solution

So no one has drawn fire like I recently have. Hmm.

μολών λαβέ
    Give them a wink, a smile and a small chuckle. Drives them nuts.

-
    Be active.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Another aphorism: It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.

-
    Last edited by Liberty-or-Death; 06-29-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Out of respect for the owners.
    Be active.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    In the past few days, I've been told that I am:
    extremist, domestic terrorist, redneck, ammosexual, disgusting, fat idiot, insecure, compensating for lacking in male sex organs, and many more, because I shopped at Target to express my support for them, while OCing.
    Good Lord man, where do you live that those sort of comments are directed at someone carrying a sidearm?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    I think I may have been called something in August 2009 at a McDonald's. That incident was the only one I have ever had from a civilian in the entire 19 years that I have been carrying a firearm (the last seven of which, openly). And that man claimed he was a retired police officer however judging by his accent, he was definitely not a native Virginian. More like someone from up in the northeast.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

-
    Last edited by Liberty-or-Death; 06-29-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Out of respect for the owners.
    Be active.

-
    Be active.

SouthernBoy, I posted a photo of myself and thanked Target for not giving in to moms demand action, they reposted it, kinda made me their whipping boy. You can read about it here: https://m.facebook.com/hashtag/offtarget

μολών λαβέ
    Any way to get to the photo/article without logging into Facebook? (for those of us who don't Face the Book?)

Thx...

-
    Be active.

NY DA Employs 381 Secret Orders to Gather Complete Digital Dossiers from Facebook

PRISM, Local Edition: NY DA Employs 381 Secret Orders to Gather Complete Digital Dossiers from Facebook
    https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/0...mplete-digital
    With internal link URL's

Facebook is a honey-trap for credulous fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Any way to get to the photo/article without logging into Facebook? (for those of us who don't Face the Book?) Thx...

-
    Last edited by Liberty-or-Death; 06-29-2014 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Out of respect for the owners.
    Be active.

Thanks for sharing

Liberty (LOD) ...

Nice. Even a HashTag (which seems to be a fashion now).

Who uttered or created "Ammosexual" .. how interesting.

Oh ... I'm sorry I asked:

Meet The Dangerous Ammosexuals and Gun-Fetishists That Invaded Chipotle With Their Blessing

Bill Maher goes after Open Carry "ammosexuals"
    Guns aren't just a tool of last resort. They're awesome. That's why people stroke them. And name them, and take pictures with them. You guys aren't just firearm enthusiasts — you're ammosexuals.

And before you try and deny you have some sort of unnatural romantic relationship with your gun, consider this. You're taking it out to dinner! (hysterical audience laughter) Because it completes you. Get a room.
    Oh dear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast