• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PT709 holster

altajava

Hi all, I'm looking for a retention holster for my PT709. I'm not looking to conceal it, just make sure it stays put while jogging. I haven't seen anything I like yet so now I'm looking for opinions/reviews.
Thanks.

altajava

Yea, I've had a Fobus. Didn't like the no retension. Is there a web site or book I can get that lists what holsters fit besides the gun it's listed for?

rmansu2

Fobus is good for what it is and the price. Prefer it for CC though because it's tighter to my hip than my Serpa. I did find the Fobus are easily modified to be one of the best truck holsters ever, with help of some Blackhawk parts of course.
ype2uher.jpg

ETA, sorry about the blur. I took that pic for a friend at 2am after work. Dew fogged the lens.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yea, I've had a Fobus. Didn't like the no retension. Is there a web site or book I can get that lists what holsters fit besides the gun it's listed for?

There are several - mostly by manufacturer, but they can provide guidance.

http://media.midwayusa.com/pdf/reference/gould_and_goodrich_fit_chart.pdf

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/info/willfit.aspx

If it fits in one brand, it should fit in another.

Also kydex can be heat modified/customized and is easily cut/trimmed to fit, and/or expanded with addition of a new section.