• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dave Brat - Out & About in the VA-7th District

Blk97F150

I received an email from Dave Brat's campaign this evening. I won't post the entire email, but here is a portion.

I'm doing my part, too. I'm out on the campaign trail every day. Just this week, I met with business groups, the Louisa Tea Party, and gun owners at the gun show in Fredericksburg. I shook hundreds of hands at the Stars and Stripes Spectacular in Spotsylvania and had dinner with about 30 grassroots supporters in Louisa. My focus on unifying Republicans and folks of all stripes around bringing fiscal sanity back to Washington has resulted in grassroots and financial support from across the Seventh District and beyond.

Thank you for standing with us through the primary, and I would be honored to have you stand with us in the battle ahead.

Please go to my website and donate right now.

Laura and I are so grateful for your support and generosity.

When I read the part I highlighted in red, I thought about Eric Cantor. I don't recall him ever attending 'grassroots' events like this. I'm reasonably positive that he never went to a gun show, and I never heard of him going to open public events like the Stars and Stripes Spectacular. Hell, the entire time he was my Congressman I NEVER ONCE received a reply to my emails to him regarding issues. Honestly, I got more responses from the Democrat legislators then I did from Cantor. :eek:

And people outside of VA-7 think Cantor lost solely because of 'immigration. :confused:

Blk97F150

What's up with this?

Other searches for his campaign turn up just as missing.

Anybody have a good link?

stay safe.

I'm not sure Skid, that was a good link when I created the post. I replied to the email that was sent (from that domain as well) and got a bounce back saying the mail server 'couldn't find the host davebratforcongress.com'. Weird.

Maybe Cantor had Brat's domain cancelled. :uhoh: (/conspiracy theory off)

Repeater

What's up with this?

Other searches for his campaign turn up just as missing.

Anybody have a good link?

stay safe.

Works for me.

Even so, I prefer his facebook page; it's updated frequently. As to this topic, see the pictures from facebook:

10367801_578267055616070_3988213723880225912_n.jpg

10352354_578267178949391_3747777084858490984_n.jpg

So, what's wrong with these pictures?

Nothing! There's no Eric Cantor! :)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Works for me.

Even so, I prefer his facebook page; it's updated frequently. As to this topic, see the pictures from facebook:

So, what's wrong with these pictures?

Nothing! There's no Eric Cantor! :)

Some of us still do not facebook. And apparently there is more and more good reason every day not to.

And the www link is now back. Wonder where it went for those few days.

stay safe.

Blk97F150

Some of us still do not facebook. And apparently there is more and more good reason every day not to.

And the www link is now back. Wonder where it went for those few days.

stay safe.

I received another email from the Brat campaign last night... this is a portion:

If you tried to contribute recently and couldn't get through on our web site, please try again. I apologize. We've been overwhelmed by so many web site visits and emails from supporters across the district and across the country that we've added more capacity to handle the tremendous traffic. So please try again.