Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buy next gun somewhere else "The only reason to openly carry is that you’re too lazy"

Accomplished Advocate

buy next gun somewhere else "The only reason to openly carry is that you’re too lazy"

Reis and her husband founded Pistols Plus nearly 20 years ago in Osage Beach, just outside the city limits of Lake Ozark. Their 15,000-square-foot gun shop is the largest in the area.

“I don’t know why anyone would want to open carry in the first place,” Reis said. “The only reason to openly carry is that you’re too lazy to get a concealed carry permit or you want to look like a big shot.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/gover...ylink=cpyMight make your next purchases somewhere besides pistols plus.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/gover...cle640420.html
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

When a shopkeeper pipes up, always follow the money, usually to their till, directly or indirectly. Radix malorum est cupiditas 1Ti 6:10 God Bless US Bitter Clingers
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Some well just never learn what is good or bad for business.

When some one says I am for the 2nd then says BUT they really are not.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post

I believe she thinks the government mandated ccw training is good for business, seems she forgot they sell guns and who her customers are...were.

This is a VERY OC friendly area of the state, likely the only ban within 75-100 miles, as word gets out, this is going to really hurt sales, open mouth insert foot really applies.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Yep. And the same with anyone who says "I support OC, but.....".

I hate liars.

Banned
    Gun enthusiasts are flocking over to his shop to buy I'm sure.

Who buys guns anymore instead of building them?

My wife and I used their range and have brought holsters, guns and ammo there in the past......I can guarantee you that all that is in the past, will not step foot in the place again.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by logunowner View Post
    My wife and I used their range and have brought holsters, guns and ammo there in the past......I can guarantee you that all that is in the past, will not step foot in the place again.
    Yeah LOG, I thought that might strike a chord with you. Perhaps you are starting to get a better picture of those fighting us as I was saying in the other thread. Kinda bad when the very folks you hand your hard earned dollars to fight ya as well.

FYI a new weak retraction saying they "did not have permission to quote" has now appeared on their facebook page. In other words, they remain annti0oc but did not want anyone to know lolol the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by logunowner View Post
    Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    Yeah LOG, I thought that might strike a chord with you. Perhaps you are starting to get a better picture of those fighting us as I was saying in the other thread. Kinda bad when the very folks you hand your hard earned dollars to fight ya as well.

FYI a new weak retraction saying they "did not have permission to quote" has now appeared on their facebook page. In other words, they remain annti0oc but did not want anyone to know lolol the irony.
    Another anti who is now discovering the power of modern social media and is now backtracking as fast as they can!

Let's hope due to the efforts of logunowner et al, they go out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    Yep. And the same with anyone who says "I support OC, but.....".

I hate liars.
    Simply apply the use of "but" to something else and imagine what the antis (closet or otherwise) would say:
    "I believe no husband should beat his wife, but..." - Someone Else
    "I believe all rape victims are victims, but..." - Someone Else's cousin "Olaf"
    "I believe" ad infinitum.

That said, I'm not sure I'd like to see them go out of business, but (there it is) I know there are plenty of Freedom-loving individuals who own gun shops who deserve our money more than these two hypocrites.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 06-29-2014 at 07:51 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Reis and her husband founded Pistols Plus nearly 20 years ago in Osage Beach, just outside the city limits of Lake Ozark. Their 15,000-square-foot gun shop is the largest in the area.

“I don’t know why anyone would want to open carry in the first place,” Reis said. “The only reason to openly carry is that you’re too lazy to get a concealed carry permit or you want to look like a big shot.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/gover...ylink=cpyMight make your next purchases somewhere besides pistols plus.

I have just sent them an email telling them what I think. Thanks for posting this. I hope the word really gets out and hits them in the pocket book hard!

The only way I will believe they are not anti-oc is when they post a copy of the lawsuit on Monday, that they have filed against the paper. And that is not going to happen!!!! My wife and I plan one more trip to the store (carrying my 1911 openly) to let them know our bucks stopped coming to their store!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    Good for you!

Another anti who is now discovering the power of modern social media and is now backtracking as fast as they can!

Let's hope due to the efforts of logunowner et al, they go out of business.
    Ours is such an important battle, we cannot afford to lose!!!. Pistol Plus has crossed a line and it is my intent to do whatever is in my power to make them feel the consequences!

For Pam Reis, the issue seems silly.

“I don’t know why anyone would want to open carry in the first place,” Reis said. “The only reason to openly carry is that you’re too lazy to get a concealed carry permit [from us] or you want to look like a big shot.
    Boycott Pistols Plus.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

It is more work to know and locate the city ordinances in this state pertaining to OC restrictions, than applying for a CCW permit.

This lady is a joke.
    I must be a big shot.
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

I'm passing through there tomorrow with intentions of stopping. Depending on the environment when I go in; I may make some comments to the boyz and Pam at the counter.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    It is more work to know and locate the city ordinances in this state pertaining to OC restrictions, than applying for a CCW permit.

This lady is a joke.
    I must be a big shot.
    AND..... you must be LAZY.......according to the same lady..
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

This doesn't affect me since I don't live there, but I won't deny it, I'm too lazy and cheap to get a permit just to make other people feel better.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    I'm passing through there tomorrow with intentions of stopping. Depending on the environment when I go in; I may make some comments to the boyz and Pam at the counter.
    Well I did stop by. Didn't have the opportunity to mention the article, they were pre-occupied. Reviewed their gun prices.....they are still outrageous! The Ruger SR1911 sells at Academy for $679 or $699...their pricing is $799..on sale! Yes.....Academy has both pistols in stock.
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Well I did stop by. Didn't have the opportunity to mention the article, they were pre-occupied. Reviewed their gun prices.....they are still outrageous! The Ruger SR1911 sells at Academy for $679 or $699...their pricing is $799..on sale! Yes.....Academy has both pistols in stock.
    Am I limited to buying just 1 at that bargain price of $799. ON SALE, or am I allowed several...
    Last edited by Richieg150; 07-10-2014 at 04:57 PM. Reason: rewording
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    Am I limited to buying just 1 at that bargain price of $799. ON SALE, or am I allowed several...
    You can buy as many as they will sell ya!!
    ~Mark Twain

I agree - but focusing mainly on the store is missing the big picture.

This newspaper has a full fledged extensive ongoing editorial campaign against guns.

They will jump on any ignorant comments they can find. Fellow gun owners may be ignorant sometimes but they can learn and become allies. Anti gunners on the other hand hate your guts and wake up every morning wanting you extinct at any cost.

IMHO we need to focus on the paper more than the shop - this propaganda campaign needs to be balanced.

Our views need to be represented in mainstream local news. It's influential in policy and culture despite the drop in readership.

Quote Originally Posted by HP995 View Post

This newspaper has a full fledged extensive ongoing editorial campaign against guns.

They will jump on any ignorant comments they can find. Fellow gun owners may be ignorant sometimes but they can learn and become allies. Anti gunners on the other hand hate your guts and wake up every morning wanting you extinct at any cost.

IMHO we need to focus on the paper more than the shop - this propaganda campaign needs to be balanced.

Our views need to be represented in mainstream local news. It's influential in policy and culture despite the drop in readership.
    What would be your plan of action to achieve what you have stated above?
    ~Mark Twain

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by HP995 View Post

I 100% disagree respectfully.

The only way you are going to see folks stop saying stupid things is by calling every single one of them out that does it. This shop owner is NOT your ally and it was not a slip up, it was 100% a blatent attack on OC'ers more specificly anyone who carries a gun who does not hand her dollars for state welfare classes that are forced upon the people by misguided laws.

They have already spent a lot of time trying to spin it without flat out lying about it and have abandon the effort because they know it is true not only that she said it, but that she believes it. To think that simply because they PROFIT by selling guns and classes makes them less of an anti-gunner is a bad mistake. They think guns are good for who THEY think it is ok for, they are NOT 2a advocates by any stretch of the word. Closer to Imperialist I would offer.

As for getting the propoganda balenced, well that violates free speech in my book so I am not in favor despite wanting to see the reality of what you are talking about. You always have to allow free speech so you can identify the stupid people.

While some might say you can change Pam's mind, I would offer that is not likely but calling her out on it without a doubt will prevent her from uttering it to the press again, but I imagine on a private level she will continue to bash those who OC, after all, they likely do not hand her dollars.

Plan of action - letters, guest editorial, interview or news items.

Violates free speech - how? Papers like this try to present only one side. All we have to do is speak up.

Calling her out - again I agree, that's fine, but while you focus on this one incident, the paper will have 5 or 6 more anti gun stories. They have a campaign and that statement was just one little bullet. The paper is out to influence public opinion and policy for KC and MO and they will continually present new stuff in that agenda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast