• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

buy next gun somewhere else "The only reason to openly carry is that you’re too lazy"

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
buy next gun somewhere else "The only reason to openly carry is that you’re too lazy"

Reis and her husband founded Pistols Plus nearly 20 years ago in Osage Beach, just outside the city limits of Lake Ozark. Their 15,000-square-foot gun shop is the largest in the area.

“I don’t know why anyone would want to open carry in the first place,” Reis said. “The only reason to openly carry is that you’re too lazy to get a concealed carry permit or you want to look like a big shot.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/government-politics/article640420.html#storylink=cpyMight make your next purchases somewhere besides pistols plus.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/government-politics/article640420.html

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Some well just never learn what is good or bad for business.

When some one says I am for the 2nd then says BUT they really are not.

I believe she thinks the government mandated ccw training is good for business, seems she forgot they sell guns and who her customers are...were.

This is a VERY OC friendly area of the state, likely the only ban within 75-100 miles, as word gets out, this is going to really hurt sales, open mouth insert foot really applies.

logunowner

My wife and I used their range and have brought holsters, guns and ammo there in the past......I can guarantee you that all that is in the past, will not step foot in the place again.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
My wife and I used their range and have brought holsters, guns and ammo there in the past......I can guarantee you that all that is in the past, will not step foot in the place again.

Yeah LOG, I thought that might strike a chord with you. Perhaps you are starting to get a better picture of those fighting us as I was saying in the other thread. Kinda bad when the very folks you hand your hard earned dollars to fight ya as well.

FYI a new weak retraction saying they "did not have permission to quote" has now appeared on their facebook page. In other words, they remain annti0oc but did not want anyone to know lolol the irony.

FTG-05

Good for you! :monkey

Yeah LOG, I thought that might strike a chord with you. Perhaps you are starting to get a better picture of those fighting us as I was saying in the other thread. Kinda bad when the very folks you hand your hard earned dollars to fight ya as well.

FYI a new weak retraction saying they "did not have permission to quote" has now appeared on their facebook page. In other words, they remain annti0oc but did not want anyone to know lolol the irony.

Another anti who is now discovering the power of modern social media and is now backtracking as fast as they can!

Let's hope due to the efforts of logunowner et al, they go out of business.

Rusty Young Man

Some well just never learn what is good or bad for business.

When some one says I am for the 2nd then says BUT they really are not.

Yep. And the same with anyone who says "I support OC, but.....".

I hate liars. :mad:

Simply apply the use of "but" to something else and imagine what the antis (closet or otherwise) would say:
"I believe no husband should beat his wife, but..." - Someone Else
"I believe all rape victims are victims, but..." - Someone Else's cousin "Olaf"
"I believe" ad infinitum.:rolleyes:

That said, I'm not sure I'd like to see them go out of business, but (there it is;):lol:) I know there are plenty of Freedom-loving individuals who own gun shops who deserve our money more than these two hypocrites.

Last edited:

randyj

Reis and her husband founded Pistols Plus nearly 20 years ago in Osage Beach, just outside the city limits of Lake Ozark. Their 15,000-square-foot gun shop is the largest in the area.

“I don’t know why anyone would want to open carry in the first place,” Reis said. “The only reason to openly carry is that you’re too lazy to get a concealed carry permit or you want to look like a big shot.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/government-politics/article640420.html#storylink=cpyMight make your next purchases somewhere besides pistols plus.

I have just sent them an email telling them what I think. Thanks for posting this. I hope the word really gets out and hits them in the pocket book hard!

logunowner

The only way I will believe they are not anti-oc is when they post a copy of the lawsuit on Monday, that they have filed against the paper. And that is not going to happen!!!! My wife and I plan one more trip to the store (carrying my 1911 openly) to let them know our bucks stopped coming to their store!!!

logunowner

Good for you! :monkey

Another anti who is now discovering the power of modern social media and is now backtracking as fast as they can!

Let's hope due to the efforts of logunowner et al, they go out of business.

Ours is such an important battle, we cannot afford to lose!!!. Pistol Plus has crossed a line and it is my intent to do whatever is in my power to make them feel the consequences!

OC for ME

For Pam Reis, the issue seems silly.

“I don’t know why anyone would want to open carry in the first place,” Reis said. “The only reason to openly carry is that you’re too lazy to get a concealed carry permit [from us] or you want to look like a big shot.
Boycott Pistols Plus.

kylemoul

It is more work to know and locate the city ordinances in this state pertaining to OC restrictions, than applying for a CCW permit.

This lady is a joke.
I must be a big shot.

Redbaron007

I'm passing through there tomorrow with intentions of stopping. Depending on the environment when I go in; I may make some comments to the boyz and Pam at the counter.

ron73440

This doesn't affect me since I don't live there, but I won't deny it, I'm too lazy and cheap to get a permit just to make other people feel better.

Redbaron007

I'm passing through there tomorrow with intentions of stopping. Depending on the environment when I go in; I may make some comments to the boyz and Pam at the counter.

Well I did stop by. Didn't have the opportunity to mention the article, they were pre-occupied. Reviewed their gun prices.....they are still outrageous! The Ruger SR1911 sells at Academy for $679 or $699...their pricing is $799..on sale! Yes.....Academy has both pistols in stock.

Richieg150

Well I did stop by. Didn't have the opportunity to mention the article, they were pre-occupied. Reviewed their gun prices.....they are still outrageous! The Ruger SR1911 sells at Academy for $679 or $699...their pricing is $799..on sale! Yes.....Academy has both pistols in stock.

Am I limited to buying just 1 at that bargain price of $799. ON SALE, or am I allowed several...

Last edited: