Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So you all just want to look like big shots

Accomplished Advocate

So you all just want to look like big shots

From the owner of pistols plus regarding the banning of open carry in Lake Ozark MO.

"The only reason to openly carry is that you’re too lazy to get a concealed carry permit or you want to look like a big shot."

http://www.kansascity.com/news/gover...#storylink=cpy

If you would like to let them know how you think, they prefer not to get email.

PLEASE CALL INSTEAD OF EMAILING FOR AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE! We receive a large number of emails and try to get through them as fast as possible!
    Pistols Plus Guns

Contact
    Address:
    3515 Osage Beach Parkway
    Osage Beach
    MO
    USA

Telephone: 573-348-5356
    Fax: 573-348-4261
    http://www.pistolsplusguns.net
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

When a shopkeeper pipes up, always follow the money, usually to their till, directly or indirectly. Radix malorum est cupiditas 1Ti 6:10 God Bless US Bitter Clingers
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate
    through the contact us page: http://www.pistolsplusguns.net/index...id=12:contacts

Hi,

We just wanted to let you know that we saw the comments in the KC Star and while we were indeed unaware of the position the ownership of pistols plus held on the second amendment, we will be assisting you in getting the message out loud and clear.

We don't share your opinion that the government should regulate peoples right to self defense and force them to take a class at your business in order to bear arms.

We kind of believe that responsible citizens do not need your, or the governments permission to protect ourselves and while you clearly disagree and think we are "lazy" and persons "trying to be big men" we thought we were just customers conducting ourselves in a legal manner.

In this economy it is surprising to see a business let its own customers know they are unwelcome, however we would like to thank you for doing just that and we will work along side of you to be sure no one who does not support the government regulating firearms more than they already do enters your business and insults your position.

Rich
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Outstanding letter. Polite, while getting the message across in a mildly snarky manner without going "over the line" into obvious smartassery.

Perfect.

Banned
    I sent them an email -- telling them I am a big shot ... so there !

Just to confuse them I sent them this: (clever, huh).
    Hi, Saw your editorial on Open Carry.

I'm a big shot and I conceal carry. In fact other people say 'hey, Big Shot, how comes you hit the 10 ring all the time'.

Seriously, I don't know because I've only carried since 2010. I think I'm a natural.

PS: Be nice to the open carriers. They're all nice people (I've met quite a few at gun shows).

Best,
    Big

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    ..."The only reason to openly carry is that you’re too lazy to get a concealed carry permit or you want to look like a big shot."...
    Well since cops don't need permits, I guess we know which is their reason.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I will not be recommending your business to any of my acquaintances. I OC and I believe that your comments are detrimental to the restoration of liberty, specifically the unfettered lawful exercise of our 2A right here in Missouri.

Bill
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

...this is a perfect example of the term "messin' in yer own nest"...hope their opinion of us has an easily understood effect on their bottom line...and they end up working at 7-11...

seems there are very very few current 'reviews' on goggle about the business, but it appears they also ban CC customers in their facilities as stated from one of their customers.

you hoooooo drsysadmin, you might wish to start your harassment suit with the reis' pistol plus business for infringement of your 2A rights on their private property...

please advise how that works for ya will you.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 06-30-2014 at 10:23 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Dear Mr. and Mrs. Reis,

"The only reason to openly carry is that you're too lazy to get a concealed carry permit or you want to look like a big shot."
    Thank you so much for telling me why I open carry. Since I posses a WA Concealed Pistol License (where I live), I never would have guessed that I was too lazy to get one.

As for looking like a big shot being the reason for carrying openly... If a criminal is presented with two potential targets - one who looks like everyone else except that they have a firearm which can be used to kill them with clearly visible in a holster on the belt - and the other target just looks like everyone else period, which target do you honestly think the criminal is going to pick?

I carry my gun openly to protect my family and the absolute best protection I can provide is to deter the criminal from ever choosing us as a target to begin with. I have no desire to be a concealed carry type of person with a hero complex hoping for the opportunity to save the world from the future actions of a criminal by being able to be judge, jury and executioner.

I hope that the hero complex comment offends you as much as your big shot comment offended me.

With all due respect,
    John H....
    Nicely done!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Activist Member
    I have to say the original statement was pretty childish. Obviously the guy is against OC due to both moral reasons and money wise. He looks at OC as an excuse for people to not want to have to pay an instructor to get a CCW permit.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    seems there are very very few current 'reviews' on goggle about the business, but it appears they also ban CC customers in their facilities as stated from one of their customers.

you hoooooo drsysadmin, you might wish to start your harassment suit with the reis' pistol plus business for infringement of your 2A rights on their private property...

please advise how that works for ya will you.

ipse
    ROFL - c'mon now solus - your smarter than that. First, there is no harassment in this case. Next, the business in question has one location, and thus does not operate across state lives via multiple business sites.

On an entirely separate note - who would buy a firearm from a company named "Pistol Plus Guns"? I mean - its almost as if the Reis family failed to understand that "pistol" is a TYPE of "gun", and thus adding the plus to the name is kinda redundant. "We is the gun plus gun store, and we will teach you have to hide your gun. Then we will teach you to hide your gun. So you don't have to be a big shot." I wonder if when they sell a firearm if there is a "pistol" charge and a "gun" charge for it...

Quote Originally Posted by dwcook View Post
    i have to say the original statement was pretty childish. Obviously the guy is against oc due to both moral reasons and money wise. He looks at oc as an excuse for people to not want to have to pay an instructor to get a ccw permit.
    bingo!
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by drsysadmin View Post
    ROFL - c'mon now solus - your smarter than that. First, there is no harassment in this case. Next, the business in question has one location, and thus does not operate across state lives via multiple business sites.

On an entirely separate note - who would buy a firearm from a company named "Pistol Plus Guns"? I mean - its almost as if the Reis family failed to understand that "pistol" is a TYPE of "gun", and thus adding the plus to the name is kinda redundant. "We is the gun plus gun store, and we will teach you have to hide your gun. Then we will teach you to hide your gun. So you don't have to be a big shot." I wonder if when they sell a firearm if there is a "pistol" charge and a "gun" charge for it...
    While I'm sure they could have come up with another name, I simply take the name to mean that they primarily focus on pistols but have other guns as well. Or at least I think that is what their focus was when named (with a 15k foot store I'm sure they have plenty of other guns now too).

Why do I have a Billy Joel song going through my head?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    LOL

You're so vain, You probably think this song is about you
    You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you, Don't you?
    Don't you?
    http://www.lyricsfreak.com/c/carly+s..._20354877.html

https://duckduckgo.com/l/?kh=-1&uddg...%3DQQ4kSCXf1GM
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    LOL

You're so vain, You probably think this song is about you
    You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you, Don't you?
    Don't you?
    http://www.lyricsfreak.com/c/carly+s..._20354877.html

https://duckduckgo.com/l/?kh=-1&uddg...%3DQQ4kSCXf1GM

LOL....

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    You may be right,...but, we didn't start the fire. But then again, no uptown girl ever went to Target anyway. Don't ask me why.

I was thinking of "I Go to Extremes."

They don't want "assault weapons" being handled, so they ban all guns.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    You may be right,...but, we didn't start the fire. But then again, no uptown girl ever went to Target anyway. Don't ask me why.
    +1 Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    through the contact us page: http://www.pistolsplusguns.net/index...id=12:contacts

Hi,

We just wanted to let you know that we saw the comments in the KC Star and while we were indeed unaware of the position the ownership of pistols plus held on the second amendment, we will be assisting you in getting the message out loud and clear.

We don't share your opinion that the government should regulate peoples right to self defense and force them to take a class at your business in order to bear arms.

We kind of believe that responsible citizens do not need your, or the governments permission to protect ourselves and while you clearly disagree and think we are "lazy" and persons "trying to be big men" we thought we were just customers conducting ourselves in a legal manner.

In this economy it is surprising to see a business let its own customers know they are unwelcome, however we would like to thank you for doing just that and we will work along side of you to be sure no one who does not support the government regulating firearms more than they already do enters your business and insults your position.

Rich
    Outstanding!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Dear Mr. and Mrs. Reis,

"The only reason to openly carry is that you're too lazy to get a concealed carry permit or you want to look like a big shot."
    Thank you so much for telling me why I open carry. Since I posses a WA Concealed Pistol License (where I live), I never would have guessed that I was too lazy to get one.

As for looking like a big shot being the reason for carrying openly... If a criminal is presented with two potential targets - one who looks like everyone else except that they have a firearm which can be used to kill them with clearly visible in a holster on the belt - and the other target just looks like everyone else period, which target do you honestly think the criminal is going to pick?

I carry my gun openly to protect my family and the absolute best protection I can provide is to deter the criminal from ever choosing us as a target to begin with. I have no desire to be a concealed carry type of person with a hero complex hoping for the opportunity to save the world from the future actions of a criminal by being able to be judge, jury and executioner.

I hope that the hero complex comment offends you as much as your big shot comment offended me.

With all due respect,
    John H....
    I like John H./Navy, but this reply is not ideal.

1. First para, misspellings (posses), and snarky. It just makes them think OCers are not well educated, or are a little reactionary. (WE know the OP just typed quickly)
    2. Second para - proof read. Sounds awkward, but kudos on addressing the guy with 4th grade English composition. Dumb it down so he can understand. (grin)
    3. 3rd - used to kill them with, clearly visible in a holster on the belt took a couple readings to get the drift. Again, I know you were typing in haste.
    4. Just fine. Nicely phrased.

Future attempts should be posted here for some quick commentary and help (teamwork) and then sent off with no misspellings, or awkward phrasing. Best foot forward.

We need to get these guys on our side by erudite and accurate commentary, and don't want to appear bloodthirsty (kill them with - yikes - it's stop the threat).

Hope this helps and is taken in the right spirit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gramer Kat.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	11798
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Well since cops don't need permits, I guess we know which is their reason.
    According to the quotes of more than one Police Chief, cops carry guns to intimidate people.

Emeryville, CA Police Chief Ken James: "... A gun is not a defensive weapon. A gun is an offensive weapon used to intimidate and used to show power. Police officers do not carry a gun as a defensive weapon to defend themselves or their fellow officers. They carry a gun to do their job in a safe and effective manner, and to face any oppositions that we may come upon..."

Salt Lake City Police Chief Chris Burbank, "... a law enforcement officer openly carries a weapon for its "intimidation factor. In law enforcement, that's the message you send..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast