• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.org's Mike Stollenwerk on "Target Talk" Radio, St. Louis MO 6:30 PM 29 June

Mike

Site Co-Founder
OpenCarry.org's Mike Stollenwerk on "Target Talk" Radio, St. Louis MO 6:30 PM 29 June

OpenCarry.org's Mike Stollenwerk live on "Target Talk" Radio, St. Louis MO 6:30PM 29 June 2014

OpenCarry.org's co-founder Mike Stollenwerk discusses "open carry" tonight at 6:30 PM central time on "Target Talk," St. Louis' "The Big 550 KTRS" Radio Station, Sponsored by Metro Shooting Supplies.

Mike Stollenwerk is a retired US Army Lieutenant Colonel, Georgetown Law graduate, and member of the Bar in Virginia and the District of Columbia who blogs about gun rights matters as the DC Gun Rights Examiner for Examiner.com at http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-washington-dc/mike-stollenwerk

Open carry topics for this evening's radio segment include:

* Tactical advantages/disadvantages of open carry.

* Other reasons to open carry?

* What are open carry laws?

* How can one navigate what seems to be a patchwork of open carry laws?

* What is the difference between open carry of handguns and open carry of long guns?

* Since you don't advocate for the open carry of long guns, do you believe organized demonstrations with open carry of long guns hurts the general public's perception of gun owners.

Listen to the show at http://www.ktrs.com/ktrs-streaming

See also https://www.facebook.com/TargetTalk

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Need some help researching the legislative history SB 656

Need some help researching the legislative history SB 656 - where can I find the list of Senators who voted for or against SB 656, as well as those who did not vote on SB 656?

The reason I ask is that - based on my research - SB 656 passed by a **veto proof majority** in the House - 111-28; veto override only requires 109 votes in the house.

But on the Senate side, SB 656 passed by 21-7, 2 votes **short** of the 23 votes needed to override a veto. However in good news, there are supposed to be 34 total Senators so it looks like 6 Senators did not vote at all on SB636, but could vote to override the veto; we only need 2!

Who are these 6 Senators who did not vote on SB 656 and is it plausible that at least 2 of the 6 would vote to override a veto?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Need some help researching the legislative history SB 656 - where can I find the list of Senators who voted for or against SB 656, as well as those who did not vote on SB 656?

The reason I ask is that - based on my research - SB 656 passed by a **veto proof majority** in the House - 111-28; veto override only requires 109 votes in the house.

But on the Senate side, SB 656 passed by 21-7, 2 votes **short** of the 23 votes needed to override a veto. However in good news, there are supposed to be 34 total Senators so it looks like 6 Senators did not vote at all on SB636, but could vote to override the veto; we only need 2!

Who are these 6 Senators who did not vote on SB 656 and is it plausible that at least 2 of the 6 would vote to override a veto?

Mike Parson Rep Voted for nulification bill
Bob Dixon Rep Voted previously to overide veto of nullification bill
Kiki Curls Dem anti-gunner
Mike Cunningham Rep Co sponsor of previous pro-firearm bills
Two open seats