• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pistols Plus gun range in Lake Ozark retracts anti-open carry comments!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
https://www.facebook.com/pistolsplus

SNIP

This Sunday’s edition of the Kansas City star ran an article about the recent ban of open carry in the city of Lake Ozark. In this article, the owner of Pistols Plus is quoted with several anti open carry remarks. Here at Pistols Plus, we are active supporters of all gun rights, including open and concealed carry. We have always maintained a positive stance in support of all gun rights. The author of the article, Jason Hancock, visited our store in preparation of this article. He received our input and was given a direct quote by Pistols Plus employee Jim Harrsion. Mr. Harrison’s quote was printed with his permission. Mr. Hancock was not given permission to directly quote any other Pistols Plus employees. The quote of Pam Reis, printed in Mr. Hancock’s article is a misinterpretation of what may have been said, and does not follow Mrs. Reis’ beliefs on open carry. We expect more out of those reporting current events and feel this article has been slanted to represent the ideals of those involved in its publication.

OC for ME

Misinterpretation? Uh, you either said it or you did not say it.

Even a nitwit newspaper reporter will not misinterpret the following statement.

"We fully support the 2A, which includes OC of firearms.We categorically disagree with the vote of the Board of Alderman. We will be working to remove those alderman, who voted to infringe upon our 2A right, from the board using the electoral process." - Pistols Plus
But you did not make that statement. You had your shot a fame and fortune in Lake Ozark.

Richieg150

Misinterpretation? Uh, you either said it or you did not say it.

Even a nitwit newspaper reporter will not misinterpret the following statement.

But you did not make that statement. You had your shot a fame and fortune in Lake Ozark.

It sounds like something our government does..... says something......then denies what they said......and when it cant be denied, says the weren't quoted correctly or it was taken out of context...newspapers tend to quote negative comments correctly, especially when it supports their agenda

OC for ME

Pistols Plus - 18 hours ago

The recent article published by the Kansas City Star has reportedly "quoted" the owner of Pistols Plus. Pistols Plus has been in business for 19 years and is a proud supporter of all gun rights, including both options of openly carrying a firearm and concealed carry. As gun supporters, we are constantly faced with criticism, especially in recent years, and this article is yet another example of some inaccurate information presented to the public. At no time will Pistols Plus ever be against any gun rights for Americans! We believe in the 2nd Amendment and we believe that it is every individuals right to choose. We are here to protect those rights of our customers, ourselves and for gun supporters everywhere. To say that Pistols Plus is against any gun right is completely inaccurate and far fetched and we will continue to deny anything to the contrary--including and especially the article misquoted by the Kansas City Star.
So, what did you do when OC was being banned in Lake Ozark?

Redbaron007

My guess is Pam made the comment when she thought it was 'off-Record'; but she should have known better...you are never 'off-the-record' with the press.

My guess, she expressed her personal thoughts out loud...now with the backlash, they are trying to 're-state' what the reporter quoted. I am not a bit surprised in it.

OC for ME

Get involved, Pistols Plus, with your neighbors to the north and work to repeal the OC ban in Lake Ozark.....Osage Beach could be next.

Her view point, regarding OC, is not casually discarded. Tolerance for OC is far different than working to restore liberty as is codified in our state constitution and the federal constitution.

logunowner

Not only does Pistol Plus not believe fully in the 2nd Amendment, they have little regard for the 1st. Many, many posts have been removed from their Facebook page. It is certainly their right to maintain content on their page as they see fit, but for me it says "we are in damage control because we said some bad things that we meant at the time but not now!!!"

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Her view point, regarding OC, is not casually discarded. .

Notice that the ANTI-OC post on their page have not been admonished or deleted like the pro-OC ones have? Is it their true colors shing through?

Redbaron007

Looks like they have taken down their "Correction" or "This is what I meant to say" statement completely off their FB site. There is nothing now about the article or responses.

Guess they hate the truth.....unless it comes from them! :banghead:

Last edited:

Redbaron007

As of 5 p.m.......Pistol Plus has deleted their entire Facebook Page. :eek:

Maybe the public didn't believe their story?

Richieg150

Not only does Pistol Plus not believe fully in the 2nd Amendment, they have little regard for the 1st. Many, many posts have been removed from their Facebook page. It is certainly their right to maintain content on their page as they see fit, but for me it says "we are in damage control because we said some bad things that we meant at the time but not now!!!"

Yes I noticed they remove about everything except the posts they wanted to keep..... that's just what the government controlled press does...hhhmmm

OC for ME

Notice that the ANTI-OC post on their page have not been admonished or deleted like the pro-OC ones have? Is it their true colors shing through?
There was a post on their FB page by a citizen that asked if OC was OK in their store. Their answer was yes.

I suspect that Pistols Plus is anti-OC as is evidenced by they deleting their FB page so as to stifle open and honest debate regarding their comments and positions on OC. I further suspect that they are card carrying members of the CC Industrial Complex.

I don't get down that way often, but I do know folks who do and I have passed along my view of Pistols Plus.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Well they have a bunch of business besides the lake ozark store. The store in St Peters, pistols and more is tied to their FFL, the construction business down at the lake, the restaurant, the auction house and the pawn shop.

They do the CCW classes and speak of there being a waiting list, not sure that is true but it could well be. I suspect a few may have backed out and they got a few folks dropping in or calling that has made it clear how unappreciated the comments were by most gun owners.

Damage control needs spin not lies and in a lot of folks minds the retractions were not true which actually made it worse.

Redbaron007

Well they have a bunch of business besides the lake ozark store. The store in St Peters, pistols and more is tied to their FFL, the construction business down at the lake, the restaurant, the auction house and the pawn shop.

They do the CCW classes and speak of there being a waiting list, not sure that is true but it could well be. I suspect a few may have backed out and they got a few folks dropping in or calling that has made it clear how unappreciated the comments were by most gun owners.

Damage control needs spin not lies and in a lot of folks minds the retractions were not true which actually made it worse.

When I pulled Pistols and More SOS filings...there is no tie with Pam and her husband.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
When I pulled Pistols and More SOS filings...there is no tie with Pam and her husband.

Look up FFL licenses for St Peters and you will find both Pam and Jim's along with their sons at the address indicated. There is also a magazine article availible discussing them opening the new location in St Peters.

That FFL renewal was 10-2013 I believe, I do not have the document in front of me at this time.

Redbaron007

Look up FFL licenses for St Peters and you will find both Pam and Jim's along with their sons at the address indicated. There is also a magazine article availible discussing them opening the new location in St Peters.

That FFL renewal was 10-2013 I believe, I do not have the document in front of me at this time.

Will do.

Redbaron007

Just FYI, On Pistols and More FaceBook page they denied having involvement with Pistols Plus. They indicate it ended in 2011.