• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best part of Indepence Day

Jack House

It reveals Californians for the dirty Anti-American commies they truly are!

2014-06-30_085640.png

Kopis

learning how to spell independence?

Attachments

• Funniest_Memes_freedom-huddle-merica-on-3_10948.jpeg
    Funniest_Memes_freedom-huddle-merica-on-3_10948.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 81

SFCRetired

Were we out in the country, I wouldn't mind so much, but shooting into the air in a crowded urban area? Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous! I've got a .38 caliber hole in my car port roof from some idiot celebrating one of the major holidays.

The firecrackers I don't mind. Just don't ask me to handle them. I learned too much about explosives from the EOD guys at Redstone Arsenal years ago to ever fool around with fireworks. 1. You have no idea what has been put into the majority of them. 2. You have no idea of the manufacturer's quality control standards, especially as concerns fuses. 3. The government has supposedly set standards for fireworks imported into this country. Who is inspecting those fireworks? You really trust the government?

Jack House

Maybe what was meant was "in depends." :uhoh:
I meant Independence, just a typo.

Shoulda called it British Ass Kicking Day as I do every year to annoy my English friends.

I look forward to that. I am a supermod on an international board and always make a global sticky with that title just to watch the chickens get their feathers all ruffled up.

Suffice to say, some of my international friends are less than fond of me around Independence Day. Lol

Jack House

Were we out in the country, I wouldn't mind so much, but shooting into the air in a crowded urban area? Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous! I've got a .38 caliber hole in my car port roof from some idiot celebrating one of the major holidays.

The firecrackers I don't mind. Just don't ask me to handle them. I learned too much about explosives from the EOD guys at Redstone Arsenal years ago to ever fool around with fireworks. 1. You have no idea what has been put into the majority of them. 2. You have no idea of the manufacturer's quality control standards, especially as concerns fuses. 3. The government has supposedly set standards for fireworks imported into this country. Who is inspecting those fireworks? You really trust the government?
Pffft. Fireworks are sooo much fun! One year I was at my cousin's ranch have a bonfire and shooting fireworks. He had bought some of those ridiculously expensive mortar rounds and someone said hold my beer... :uhoh:

I was standing a ways back with some other people when suddenly the mortar round zipped past my head and exploded a few dozen feet away. :lol: