• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Huge case decision regarding stops --- IMO it is ...

Primus

I've been charged with obstruction of an officer when I was stopped for simply OC while walking.

They wanted to know who I was and I basically told them it was none of their business.

I was cuffed, search, put into the police car, my stuff was taken from me.

No charges at the time of the stop, but after realizing it was a bad stop the persecutor decided to charge me months later.

And result if charges were? Dropped I hope/assume.

Also hope you got a settlement if it was that cut and dry.

Edit: on topic if you decided to resist physically would it have changed anything? If you decided to throw a punch or pull away or even run away do you think it would have changed anything?

Never understood this line of thinking. Again we are not talking about something extreme like were physically beating you or attempting to kill you. Stick with the facts you gave. They approach "what's your name" you respond "kick rocks" they arrest. You think/know the arrrest is bogus at the time.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Never understood this line of thinking. Again we are not talking about something extreme like were physically beating you or attempting to kill you. Stick with the facts you gave. They approach "what's your name" you respond "kick rocks" they arrest. You think/know the arrrest is bogus at the time.

I would assume that if a cop was arresting me for something that was not a crime, then what else would he do once I'm handcuffed? I would not wait to find out. At that point, its kidnapping. A felony.

Freedom1Man

And result if charges were? Dropped I hope/assume.

Also hope you got a settlement if it was that cut and dry.

Edit: on topic if you decided to resist physically would it have changed anything? If you decided to throw a punch or pull away or even run away do you think it would have changed anything?

It took way too many trips to court before the persecutor agreed to drop the charges.

sudden valley gunner

A normal person who isn't constitutionally restricted couldn't do these things and resistance and force at the time of the assault and kidnapping would be justified.

Yet somehow people suddenly think its ok if the actors were state costumes and shiny badges?

The principles of the 2A would disagree with that.