Thread: Fleeing Northeast, Firearms makers moving to more gun-friendly US southern states.

Fleeing Northeast, Firearms makers moving to more gun-friendly US southern states.

"(Reuters) - The first gun manufacturer to leave Connecticut after it enacted tough new gun control laws last year in the wake of the Newtown school shootings presented a commemorative rifle on Monday to the governor of South Carolina [Nikki Haley], its new home. PTR Industries Inc is among a wave of firearms makers moving or expanding away from the industry's traditional base in the U.S. Northeast to the more gun-friendly South.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/0...0PB0X820140630

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...WhTeKgQaRszGaM
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I don't think any of the reasons that so many firearm manufacturers historically located in the NE exist any longer and likely, there are logistical realities that make other location more desirable but for the infrastructure and trained employee matters. It seems that they aren't so much moving as much as they have been pushed out and may have been surprised by how welcomed they would be in many other locations.

Colt moved out too, but sing Colt's decision to move out of Hartford Ct. because of new gun restrictions CT has adopted is disingenuous.
    Real truth Colt was near bankruptcy in 2009 and hired a honcho to review their options. Guess what?
    In steps Rick Scott, Gov of FL - hell we'll give you all the tax incentives you want - so Colt buys an old plant in Kissammee, Fl in 2011 and hires 63 people - then tells their workers in CT (all UnionWorkers) not to worry if you give more pay cuts you'll keep your jobs - Union agrees
    Next another Rick jumps in, Perry of Texas - (two Dicks) come here we'll match and double all offers so Colt says hell yes we can move the balance of our plant there.
    Now golly gee what do these two states have in common? The Right to Work Laws (oxymoronic title the Republicans dreamed up , I always thought everyone had the right to work- but it should be for decent wages) What does Colt gain? A 38% reduction in wages and tax incentives on the backs of the working folks in FL & TX.
    So what do the Gun Lobbyists and NRA say - see Colt is moving because of CT new laws. Don't be fooled by their lies - it's taken them years to perfect them.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    ... I always thought everyone had the right to work- but it should be for decent wages)...
    Ah, we can always count on our liberal friends to evoke the right to work mantra.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    ... I always thought everyone had the right to work- but it should be for decent wages)...
    ... as determined by the unions, a living wage.

BeeBobby, what determines the value of unskilled labor, if not supply and demand? There is no limit to the supply streaming across our border with Mexico, each one of which diminishes the value of labor! The demand for labor diminishes with every job shipped off shore to escape closed-shop economics.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-08-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I can't seem to find any connection to a "right to work", I do see a duty to to be responsible for your own self.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I can't seem to find any connection to a "right to work", I do see a duty to to be responsible for your own self.
    Liberals make illogical connections in any line of thought just because they can.

If you want to destroy your brain cells do so via the consumption of adult beverages and not by engaging in a rational discussion with liberals.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

U.S. students rank below average for financial literacy. MJS

There's a report out today bemoaning US kidz financial literacy; to which I commented: "Financial literacy? "We don'need no steenkin' financial literacy, we got our McJobs and 'bama-phones!" "We can't fail!"

http://www.jsonline.com/news/educati...266306431.html
    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...18Y_PBWmfhKDzM
    http://www.oecd.org/education/first-...ey-matters.htm

ETA much later:LOL "McJobs" legitimized, a meme growing?
    Summer McJobs are good for kids, study says. The study, Beneficial "Child labor": The impact of adolescent work on future professional outcomes appears in the latest edition of the journal Research in the Sociology of Work. Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2014-07-summer-...-kids.html#jCp
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-09-2014 at 08:45 AM.