Thread: PCLOB.gov pre-release Report on the §702 Surveillance Program available. NSA is OK!

PCLOB.gov pre-release Report on the §702 Surveillance Program available. NSA is OK!

That would be the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board - PCLOB. Never was there a more dysphonious appellation.

http://www.pclob.gov/All%20Documents...RE-RELEASE.pdf 2.7 MB 197 pages.

Whod'a thunk it?

Encrypt, encrypt encrypt
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

sounds kinda like..........

the government hired some folks to review what they are doing and tell everyone it's all right. ...........????

not so sure I come to the same conclusions that the panel members did. I think this program is a large overreach. but then, I guess I better shut up or I'll be on the watch list next.

The government said everything is fine. I trust their judgment........NOT

Foreign intelligence snooping stopped dozens of terrorist plots: PCLOB.gov

"... the Liberty and National Security Program at the Brennan Center for Justice, said it doesn’t matter if an American is talking with a neighbor or a terrorist, the government must get a warrant to collect their phone calls and emails.

“The board, however, endorsed a ‘foreign intelligence exception’ to the Fourth Amendment’s warrant requirement that is far broader than what any regular federal court has ever recognized,” she said. “The board’s recommendations would leave in place the government’s ability to spy on its citizens – along with their friends, family members, and business partners overseas – without any suspicion of wrongdoing.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-terror-plots/

Encrypt Encrypt Encrypt
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

as Barack Obama and Eric Holder once said..................

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "
    “The board, however, endorsed a ‘foreign intelligence exception’ to the Fourth Amendment’s warrant requirement that is far broader than what any regular federal court has ever recognized,” she said. “The board’s recommendations would leave in place the government’s ability to spy on its citizens – along with their friends, family members, and business partners overseas – without any suspicion of wrongdoing.”
    Fourth Amendment? We have one of those? What does it say???