Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Open Carry Texas success story ruins it for Washingtonians.....

Another Open Carry Texas success story ruins it for Washingtonians.....

Don't blame me, I signed the Texas Secession petition when obama was reelected.....

This group will get guns banned in Cabelas by the end of next year......

so lets see, can't shop at Target, Jack in the Box, Sonic, Chipotle, there won't be anywhere left for OCers in strong civil rights states when these guys are done.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...-friendly.html
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 07-02-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Seriously? You didn't know Target was anti-gun all this time? You had to wait until they made it official to stop shopping there?

They aren't BECOMING anti-gun over this. They are finally being forced to announce their side.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Seriously? You didn't know Target was anti-gun all this time? You had to wait until they made it official to stop shopping there?

They aren't BECOMING anti-gun over this. They are finally being forced to announce their side.
    I don't really think about the personal politics of business owners where I visit. and it doesn't help to give MDA victories to notch their pink rainbow unicorn pistol with.

businesses tolerate handgun OC. the assault rifles will result in bans, and have. OCT seems to have little political sense. they already have an OC bill on the legilstaive calender the likely next governor will sign it.

so they need to start laying low until the legislative season then start carrying their handguns...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Are they asking or telling?

"respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target"

So only asking, just like Starbucks. Since it's not an order, I'll still carry if I happen to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by madicarus View Post

So only asking, just like Starbucks. Since it's not an order, I'll still carry if I happen to go there.
    Exactly. They simply want to placate both "sides" and keep people shopping so they aren't going to do much but make an unenforced public request. It's just the latest PR answer to a non-problem.

Quote Originally Posted by madicarus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    Exactly. They simply want to placate both "sides" and keep people shopping so they aren't going to do much but make an unenforced public request. It's just the latest PR answer to a non-problem.
    If I respectfully requested you not to my house would keep coming until i escalated the situation?

A request is all that should be needed.

They went so far as to male a national statement they dong want us there. So if people see us there then we look like jack a**es who refuse to abide a request.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Another Open Carry Texas success story ruins it for Washingtonians.....

Any gun owner who blames the people who OC is a freaking idiot! It is no different than blaming a girl who got raped because she wore tight clothing. No different from family blaming a defender for killing some low life thug.

STOP BLAMING THE VICTIMS!!!!

If we as gun owners don't stand together and support the rights of ALL of us, we will lose this fight. We cannot stand divided. You are making MDAs job that much easier when you post stuff like this.
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 07-02-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Don't blame me, I signed the Texas Secession petition when obama was reelected.....

so lets see, can't shop at Target, Jack in the Box, Sonic, Chipotle, there won't be anywhere left for OCers in strong civil rights states when these guys are done.

In case you go full retard and try to blame the TX OCers for getting guns banned at Cabelas.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ccw-ope...ml#post2920801
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 07-02-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post

In case you go full retard and try to blame the TX OCers for getting guns banned at Cabelas.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ccw-ope...ml#post2920801
    that policy applies only to firearms being brought in for trade or service.

I've open carried to cabelas many times, if its your defensive carry gun they let you right in with it.

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    Any gun owner who blames the people who OC is a freaking idiot! It is no different than blaming a girl who got raped because she wore tight clothing. No different from family blaming a defender for killing some low life thug.

If we as gun owners don't stand together and support the rights of ALL of us, we will lose this fight. We cannot stand divided. You are making MDAs job that much easier when you post stuff like this.
    +1

The sad part is the whiners are not affected by the so called bans, they gave up their rights along time ago.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 07-02-2014 at 12:18 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post

sometimes people need to be severed from a wider movement. I didn't advocate making long gun OC illega, I stated a fact, that we can no longer open carry in at least 5 different chains, these announcements come after seeing pictures of people carrying tactical rifles on front slings into these businesses.

this after years of people in other states open carrying and no problem, and in the span of 6 months we've lost 5 chains to Moms Demand Action. the assault rifle play is not working. they need to funnel their resources into more productive means.

They've accomplished what MDA could never dream of.

we have a problem, an identifiable cause, and an easy solution.
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 07-02-2014 at 12:28 PM.

NRA Member

The Cabela's signage is for handling your weapons while in the store, not the ones in your holster for self defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

sometimes people need to be severed from a wider movement. I didn't advocate making long gun OC illega, I stated a fact, that we can no longer open carry in at least 5 different chains, these announcements come after seeing pictures of people carrying tactical rifles on front slings into these businesses.

this after years of people in other states open carrying and no problem, and in the span of 6 months we've lost 5 chains to Moms Demand Action. the assault rifle play is not working. they need to funnel their resources into more productive means.

They've accomplished what MDA could never dream of.

we have a problem, an identifiable cause, and an easy solution.
    THIS 10000000% Its cause and effect. It started with Starbucks, when people started to longarm OC in an inappropriate manner there, then MDA started screaming at the top of their lungs... now it's at Target with the same issue. Companies began to rescind their State Law policy after the whining and moaning of a small group that noticed another group carrying guns in quite and inappropriate manner, and it is all for political purposes with self defense mixed in there. Bottom line: Texas OC IS being one of the major factors in these changes, and to deny that is ignorance at best. When people try and make political statements inside private stores, they are going to cause that store to become more polarized in the opposite manner like what we've just seen.

Quote Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
    THIS 10000000% Its cause and effect. It started with Starbucks, when people started to longarm OC in an inappropriate manner there, then MDA started screaming at the top of their lungs... now it's at Target with the same issue. Companies began to rescind their State Law policy after the whining and moaning of a small group that noticed another group carrying guns in quite and inappropriate manner, and it is all for political purposes with self defense mixed in there. Bottom line: Texas OC IS being one of the major factors in these changes, and to deny that is ignorance at best. When people try and make political statements inside private stores, they are going to cause that store to become more polarized in the opposite manner like what we've just seen.
    Excuse me but Target in it's statement stated it will still honor state laws.

"Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so," the notice says. "But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target — even in communities where it is permitted by law.

It amazes me how people get so upset over something that does not affect them anyway.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 07-02-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

If you(general) want Texans to NOT OC, so you can OC handguns, YOU are a hypocrite. If you want Texans to not OC because you CC, you are not only a hypocrite but very dumb.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Excuse me but Target in it's statement stated it will still honor state laws.

"Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so," the notice says. "But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target even in communities where it is permitted by law.

It amazes me how people get so upset over something that does not affect them anyway.
    what do you expect them to write "keep yo gat in yo krib honkey" on their statement?

they're trying to be polite about it...

NRA Member

OCT is the face of those citizens depicted in the controversial photo(s), wrongly in my view. As I see it, OCT has tossed those dudes under the bus and distanced themselves from that manner of OC in Texas. A unified approach to Demanding Mad Moms is also abandoned by OCT. Their choice.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    The Cabela's signage is for handling your weapons while in the store, not the ones in your holster for self defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It doesn't actually say that.

Read the post about Gander Mountain that I linked to, and how they had to change their posted policy due to outrage and decreased sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    us
    I'm not sure what this pronoun represents. This is an Open Carry forum. You've made numerous representations of being a police officer. If that's the case, then you don't open carry, you cop carry. The two are unrelated. What do you mean by "us"?

Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    I'm not sure what this pronoun represents. This is an Open Carry forum. You've made numerous representations of being a police officer. If that's the case, then you don't open carry, you cop carry. The two are unrelated. What do you mean by "us"?
    maybe people who support gun rights in general?

NRA Member

Gunowners in WA who do not open carry way the exact same sort of thing about those who do OC.

"You guys are going to cause the state to end preemption."

"It's all your fault, for doing something that is legal yet many people don't like."

what do you expect them to write "keep yo gat in yo krib honkey" on their statement?
    Huh? What? I'm so lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    Huh? What? I'm so lost.
    Walking Wolf says Target is not really asking customers not bring guns to their stores because their letter is diplomatically written. he doesn't get the concept that they say "we respectfully request" and "we will continue to abide by state law" only to be polite, it's still a ban, it's nice language, but still a ban....

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    If I respectfully requested you not to my house would keep coming until i escalated the situation?

A request is all that should be needed.

They went so far as to male a national statement they dong want us there. So if people see us there then we look like jack a**es who refuse to abide a request.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Is your house regularly open to the public as place of business?

Does a request carry the weight of law? Do you as an LEO 'enforce' requests?

How ya like "Dong" apples bro? :P
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 07-02-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Walking Wolf says Target is not really asking customers not bring guns to their stores because their letter is diplomatically written. he doesn't get the concept that they say "we respectfully request" and "we will continue to abide by state law" only to be polite, it's still a ban, it's nice language, but still a ban....
    What does any of that have to do with your ham-handed attempt to channel Cypress Hill?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast