Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LGOCers Have Done it Again

LGOCers Have Done it Again

Target has now requested that gun owners no longer carry in their stores - when are these people going to learn that carrying an AR-15 is not helping!

http://bearingarms.com/derpin-carry-...paign=baupdate

Why do you feel that the exercise of a right has to help anything?

Campaign Veteran
    -- DELETED --

(double post somehow...reposted below)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 07-02-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Go here instead. This covers both Target and the reason they went anti-2A.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...36#post2073036
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Campaign Veteran
    Well, with this news, I guess I can no longer go to my local Target here in The Springs as I USED to do regularly while OC-ing a handgun.

:-(

As a side note, was at a WalMart yesterday afternoon and saw a "unicorn" -- first, on his left/off-side, 2 spare magazines caught my eye (side facing me) and then his big "scary" cocked & locked gun on his right side when he turned around. He was shopping with his wife/GF I assume.

This is only the SECOND time I've seen a fellow OC-er here in The Springs the whole 1-year I've lived here...but must also admit that I do not actively LOOK for them when I am out & about.

I felt "compelled" to explain to him why I was OC-ing a little bitty .32 ACP Beretta: Had just come from my local VA Clinic app't and on days I need to go somewhere I definitely can NOT carry (in ANY way, even knives @ federal property VA Clinics -- please note the sign they post says "For Your Protection"), I take my little Beretta which I can easily slide on & off my belt on my right/strong side, so I can quickly take it off to go into the building, and then easily put it on in the car when I come back out. My USUAL gun's holster is a pancake-type worn cross-draw on my left side (navel area), which is a hassle to get on/off the belt as I have to take the belt completely OFF to do it (tough to do when sitting in a car seat, and I don't want to stand NEXT to my car fiddling with a GUN in case someone calls in "suspicious activity," especially in the VA parking lot!) -- so I leave the big gun @ home on those days and just carry the Beretta (3032 Tomcat).

Still, at least I was OC-ing...but apparently, no longer @ a Target anymore!

:-( :-(
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 07-02-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Target did not ban firearms, they made it clear they will still follow state laws. If I was intent on shopping in Target(which I never have) I would just continue to OC and shop there. The worst they could do is ask you to leave, and then you are at the same place you would have been if you just did not shop there.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Campaign Veteran
    I'm not "intent" on shopping there (certainly not loyal to any particular store...except to Home Depot maybe when I need home-improvement stuff (compared to Lowes, as per HD's positive/pro views on the military/gun issue), but frankly, sometimes -- and yes surprisingly to most of us -- Target's prices even beat Walmart's...especially when I order from Target Online and pick it up at their store in-person. Otherwise, for a quick trip to a supermarket, the Super-Target is closer than any "real" supermarkets are to me, so it's just a matter of convenience.

Plus, it's in a nice part of town, very "scenic" newer area of The Springs, a nice clean store, and I like to go there after business at the next-door Wells Fargo and Frost Bites (I OC there, too). And even Target employees & management (let alone other customers) need THEIR fair share of D&E (Desensitizing & Educating) also. ;-)

[For fellow Springs readers, I'm talking about the Super-Target @ N. Powers & Briargate/Union exit]

I think I'll wait & see what develops further with this story, especially news about Targets here in Colorado.

In the meantime, I certainly can do without going there, and don't expect any withdrawal symptoms to appear anytime soon. After all, I'm doing just fine since absenting Starbucks so many months ago (whenever CEO Howard Shultz 'outed' himself). ;-)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 07-03-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Eschew BigBox stores. Shop Mom&Pop. Shop local, buy local, eat local, drink local

No danger. I have not crossed the threshold of a Great Wal*Mart of China in years, and only slightly more recently have a patronized a target. I do prefer B-27's in black.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

From http://wtop.com/628/3655385/Dont-bri...-this-retailer

Target is "respectfully" asking its customers to not bring firearms into its stores, even where it is allowed by law.

In a statement posted Wednesday on the retailer's corporate blog, interim CEO John Mulligan said that Target wants a "safe and inviting" atmosphere for its shoppers and employees.

Molly Snyder, a Target spokeswoman, said that Target's move is a "request and not a prohibition."
    more on the linked article
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 07-02-2014 at 04:40 PM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    john.mulligan@target.com

I sent him an email .... freedom hater !

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    Target has now requested that gun owners no longer carry in their stores - when are these people going to learn that carrying an AR-15 is not helping!

When are you going to learn to stick to the facts? There hasn't been any significant amount of LGOC in Target for months. Most OC in Target in recent months has been HGOC in other states. MDA has been targeting those carriers since people in Texas stopped carrying rifles into businesses, and not in Target even long before the policy of no long guns into businesses (months ago). Don't be such a chump, learn the facts of the matter before you rattle off next time, how about?
    Advocate freedom please

I'm curious how many of those 400,000 "supporter's" signatures are in the same handwriting................

Jus sayin'
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    I'm curious how many of those 400,000 "supporter's" signatures are in the same handwriting................

Jus sayin'
    Especially since they could not muster over 50 people nationwide for their rallies.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    My question is why can't we as gun owners come up with our own petition to counter Moms Demand Action that calls for these corporations to ignore them? Why is it only Mom's who are "demanding action" and not gun owners?
    demand action for what? We demand you allow us to carry guns in your stores like you already do!

My question is why can't we as gun owners come up with our own petition to counter Moms Demand Action that calls for these corporations to ignore them? Why is it only Mom's who are "demanding action" and not gun owners?
    Most of us are productive members of society, i.e. we're too busy.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Campaign Veteran
    Well...*I* am no longer productive (probably never was much) but nowadays, I'm busy (but only slightly) scheduling & hosting assorted OC events in this here Great State of Colorado.

:-)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 07-05-2014 at 02:39 AM.

And when are you going to learn that the Lying Mommies don't give a damn about whether the guns being carried are pistols or long guns, open or concealed?

I sent Target a letter last night as soon as I heard the news. Letters do make a difference. Be polite, mostly and the effect will be felt.

Here is the text:

My family certainly will no longer be shopping at Target. You can't
    compromise with these (anti-gun) groups. If you respectfully request that
    customers shop disarmed (while insinuating that being peaceably armed
    makes for an unsafe shopping environment), then they (like my family)
    are just going to spend money elsewhere.

It doesn't matter one bit that we 'could' carry in your stores. You
    have asked us not too. What is so offensive is that Target made a
    statement equating the lawful bearing of arms with an unsafe shopping
    environment. Nothing could be further from the truth. If anything,
    you are making your stores and property safer for the criminal element
    who will only be encouraged by your new policy.

Please take note of the fact that gun ownership and the bearing of
    arms in public have been steadily increasing over the past several
    decades. Meanwhile, violent crime has been falling over the same
    period and is now at an almost 50 year low.

It is unfortunate that Target has been suckered by a small vocal group
    of anti-self defense advocates who's stock and trade has been stoking
    fear and spreading misinformation. These groups do not exist to
    fight crime, they are only interested in denigrating law-abiding
    citizens who exercise in important civil right which they happen to
    disagree with.

Shame on you Target. I hope you reverse your 'please don't carry
    here' policy in favor of one that welcomes law-abiding peaceably armed
    shoppers.

D**** & N** B********
    ****** Lincoln Lake Avenue
    G*****, Michigan 493**
    Last edited by OC4me; 07-03-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Uh oh...you used "gun owners." There's gunna be a fit being pitched over this transgression.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Uh oh...you used "gun owners." There's gunna be a fit being pitched over this transgression.
    I doubt it.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    I sent Target a letter last night as soon as I heard the news. Letters do make a difference. Be polite, mostly and the effect will be felt...
    Nice letter.

People who open carry in a non 2A frendly area , are like children splashing in puddles, they do it just because they can.

.......................Jack

Founder's Club Member
    That was a nice letter OC4Me! The swipe that Target took at responsible moms and dads who carry to protect themselves and their families was downright appalling, even if they never have any intention to say a word to anyone for carrying. The folks at MDA who hate people carrying arms either think you get pleasant stores and neighborhoods by magic, or just hate guns in everyone elses hands but their own so much that crimes against regular moms and dads are fine if it accomplishes their agenda to hold all power.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooler41 View Post
    People who open carry in a non 2A frendly area , are like children splashing in puddles, they do it just because they can.

.......................Jack
    Just like people who come onto a 2A forum saying the 2A is not about OC, CC, carry, don't carry, carry long guns, etc, etc, etc are like children splashing in puddles because they can?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Damn that evil black rifle, guess Bloomingidiotberg was right after all, and here I thought a AR was an inanimate object... (inserted large amounts of sarcasm)
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast