• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LGOCers Have Done it Again

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
That was a nice letter OC4Me! The swipe that Target took at responsible moms and dads who carry to protect themselves and their families was downright appalling, even if they never have any intention to say a word to anyone for carrying. The folks at MDA who hate people carrying arms either think you get pleasant stores and neighborhoods by magic, or just hate guns in everyone elses hands but their own so much that crimes against regular moms and dads are fine if it accomplishes their agenda to hold all power.

protias

People who open carry in a non 2A frendly area , are like children splashing in puddles, they do it just because they can.

.......................Jack

Just like people who come onto a 2A forum saying the 2A is not about OC, CC, carry, don't carry, carry long guns, etc, etc, etc are like children splashing in puddles because they can?

WalkingWolf

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I've seen numerous pics of LGOC peeps. Most of them would not cause any particular attention even with a safely slung rifle. However, there were several who would have been scary looking without a rifle and more than one who was "posing" in ways or generally handling their long guns in ways that would have made me uncomfortable had I been nearby.

There is certainly a balance. I'm not saying you should wear a tux for LGOC, however, if you're looking like a homeless person that day or can't figure out which way to point your slung rifle, or have no situational awareness of where it is pointing when you are moving around the store shopping or taking things out of a cart or off the bottom so that your muzzle is pointed at the face of the little kid behind you, or while leaning over to get something at the counter the business end of your rifle ends up an inch away from middle of the nice customer service lady's face, well, maybe you shouldn't carry that day, or until you get more training, or with a different firearm.

It is pretty easy to stick a handgun in a decent holster and carry it around without any particular thing beyond your just having it making anyone uncomfortable. Carrying around a long gun requires a whole lot of muzzle control, situational awareness and body position awareness if you are doing something where you are bending over and reaching up a lot like may happen shopping. So yeah, I can certainly see, based on pics and videos I have seen, why many people would react negatively and how those same images could be used to lean a CEO to at least asking for no more OC.

WalkingWolf

I've seen numerous pics of LGOC peeps. Most of them would not cause any particular attention even with a safely slung rifle. However, there were several who would have been scary looking without a rifle and more than one who was "posing" in ways or generally handling their long guns in ways that would have made me uncomfortable had I been nearby.

There is certainly a balance. I'm not saying you should wear a tux for LGOC, however, if you're looking like a homeless person that day or can't figure out which way to point your slung rifle, or have no situational awareness of where it is pointing when you are moving around the store shopping or taking things out of a cart or off the bottom so that your muzzle is pointed at the face of the little kid behind you, or while leaning over to get something at the counter the business end of your rifle ends up an inch away from middle of the nice customer service lady's face, well, maybe you shouldn't carry that day, or until you get more training, or with a different firearm.

It is pretty easy to stick a handgun in a decent holster and carry it around without any particular thing beyond your just having it making anyone uncomfortable. Carrying around a long gun requires a whole lot of muzzle control, situational awareness and body position awareness if you are doing something where you are bending over and reaching up a lot like may happen shopping. So yeah, I can certainly see, based on pics and videos I have seen, why many people would react negatively and how those same images could be used to lean a CEO to at least asking for no more OC.
Could you show us some pictures of the scary looking people posing in ways that would make you uncomfortable?

nobama

That's true if were legal. The guys were in Texas where HG OC is illegal, but LG OC is legal, why they are doing it. I truly believe if HG OC was legal there, they would NOT be carrying LGs.

nobama

One more thing. I don't know if there is a special way one must carry their long gun, but if you carried muzzle down, there would be no muzzle sweep whenever one bends over ect.

stealthyeliminator

So, if a homeless man owned a rifle, he shouldn't carry it? Why not? Does he not have the right?

I understand the importance of presenting yourself professionally... But don't lose touch with the fact that we are dealing with human rights here. Perish the thought that we ever give police forces the idea that lesser dress gives them justification to detain.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...The guys were in Texas where HG OC is illegal, but LG OC is legal, why they are doing it. I truly believe if HG OC was legal there, they would NOT be carrying LGs.

This isn't mentioned enough, because everyone seems to keep forgetting that this is the whole friggin' point, and why Texas is where this is happening.

WalkingWolf

This isn't mentioned enough, because everyone seems to keep forgetting that this is the whole friggin' point, and why Texas is where this is happening.

It doesn't matter to them, I have pointed it out on other gun boards, and in return for telling facts I get called names. The hatred of OC is strong with the conceal carry crowd, LGOC is just a way to jump on the bandwagon with MDA because they want OC to go away. They clearly do not want Texans to get handgun OC. That in a nutshell is what has them so overwrought with anger, they do not want Texas to get open carry, period!

countryclubjoe

One day they are going to come for the open carry long gun folks, and the open carry of hand gun folks and CC folks will look away and say hell I don't care about the rights of those long gun folks. Then they will come for the open carry of hand gun folks, and the CC folks will say, oh well I don't like oc hand gun folks anyway, I'm not going to stand up and support them.. And then guess what, one day they will come for all the CC folks, and guess what, there will be no one left to stand with them in their cause to keep and bear arms.

Simply because we do not approve of their mode of carry, or because they carry a bigger weapon then us, should not mean that we should not support their rights to keep an bear arms and defend there Family and property to the best of their ability.

If we divide, we will be conquered.

My .02

Regards

CCJ

OC for ME

<snip> So yeah, I can certainly see, based on pics and videos I have seen, why many people would react negatively and how those same images could be used to lean a CEO to at least asking for no more OC.
I don't think the anti-liberty crowd thinks that deeply about LGOC, or HG OC for that matter. See gun, hate gun, limit liberty.....just that simple.

WalkingWolf

I don't think the anti-liberty crowd thinks that deeply about LGOC, or HG OC for that matter. See gun, hate gun, limit liberty.....just that simple.

QFT but let's not forget the "gun owner" crowd that hates anything outside how they use a gun. The are a bigger problem than the typical anti gun nutter. I would not be surprised if half those signatures were from OC haters(CC only crowd).

If a person takes time to look at the anti sites one will find that they really really hate concealed carry. In fact they are my source when debating this nonsense on other sites. I usually do not need to use them on this site, because it is not CC only centric.

They clearly have developed a strategy from what they have learned reading gun sites. That CC only sites hate OC as much as they hate CC. In the past, and hopefully continues, the OC crowd has supported CC even though it is not returned. All MDA has to do is fan the flames, get CC to carp tons on OC. Not just throwing OC under the bus, but backing over OC several times until dead.

Then MDA will go after CC expecting OC with a bad taste, revenge will support them. I gotta say after the revolting venom that these (lower appendage) have done to us, it would be tempting. CC numbnuts are so frigging dumb they do not see what is going on.

Last edited:

OC for ME

I am quite confident that some CC only folks, here in Missouri, in Jeff City, have voted to not fix that travesty of a statute, RSMo 21.750.3 ( the OC can be banned by towns). The CC Industrial Complex is strong here in MO.

In other words, Missouri is the "Show Me State" except where OC is concerned.

What is ironic is that the CC Industrial Complex would be little affected if liberty were restored as Article I, Section 23 of our state constitution guarantees. Most folks, the vast majority of those who would carry, would actually OC, it's just not in them to do so. The CC Industrial Complex crowd here in MO are predominately the shallow thinkers I mentioned above.

ATM

Campaign Veteran
Would you rather the exercise of the right carry on in such an objectionable manner that the general populace morphs its legal status from "right" to "crime," regardless of what it says in the Constitution?

Your question highlights the problem - most people seem to only support the manners of practice which they or the general populace condone rather than supporting the fundamental practice of the right itself. Rights must not be subject to the whims of any majority.

If it is the fear of seeing a right infringed which prevents us from exercising that right, we've already lost it - it is a right in word alone which we do not truly possess.

I'd rather people support liberty, applying any objections of manner to guiding their own practices rather than the attempted restriction of others.