Thread: NYC Judge Albert Tomei shoots from the lip at murder trial

NYC Judge Albert Tomei shoots from the lip at murder trial

“I don’t care what the gun lobby says. They’re out of touch with reality. They’re out of touch with what happens on our street,” declared state Supreme Court Justice Albert Tomei. “We are eating each other’s mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters every day.”

http://nypost.com/2014/07/01/judge-s...-murder-trial/

People kill people. You may lead a judge to water but you cannot make him think logically.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

For giving the convicted murderer the max sentence allow by law, A+ for the judge.

For his anti 2A speech/opinion, F minus.

I would venture to say, a citizen would be hard pressed to find a pro 2A jurist in the state of NY.

My .02

Regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Banned
    The ramblings of a crazy judge do not affect me at all. He prefers it that the gov't kills people rather than lowlife citizens.

Freedom isn't free. A judge who I'm sure does not live in Brooklyn ... the whole NYC is a craphole ... I don't care about anyone living or dying in it...young, old, etc. Its people like him that made me have this viewpoint.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-02-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The ramblings of a crazy judge do not affect me at all. He prefers it that the gov't kills people rather than lowlife citizens.

Freedom isn't free. A judge who I'm sure does not live in Brooklyn ... the whole NYC is a craphole ... I don't care about anyone living or dying in it...young, old, etc. Its people like him that made me have this viewpoint.
    I'm glad they kill each other. They who stay in NYC deserve to live as they do. Anyone worth a damn leaves ASAP. No respectable human being lives in a major city. Period.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I'm glad they kill each other. They who stay in NYC deserve to live as they do. Anyone worth a damn leaves ASAP. No respectable human being lives in a major city. Period.
    Might be just a tad bit of some broad brush stroking going on here.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    “I don’t care what the gun lobby says. They’re out of touch with reality. They’re out of touch with what happens on our street,” declared state Supreme Court Justice Albert Tomei. “We are eating each other’s mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters every day.”

http://nypost.com/2014/07/01/judge-s...-murder-trial/

People kill people. You may lead a judge to water but you cannot make him think logically.
    It pains me that the clever scum have been able to manipulate so many people into making an association between 2A rights groups and gun crime.
    What's really scary is that none of the examples of "common sense" arms-rights infringements that the anti's constantly spout would have any effect on gun violence.
    To have a significant effect on gun violence by imposing more restrictions you really have to get extreme.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Might be just a tad bit of some broad brush stroking going on here.
    Yea broad brushing at its finest. Maybe he doesn't realize if the few million if every large city moved to his hick town well there there wouldn't be towns anymore but just a bunch of medium cities.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

US population density is 86 souls/mile^2. That is a rural population density. I have about 25 neighbors per square mile.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    US population density is 86 souls/mile^2. That is a rural population density. I have about 25 neighbors per square mile.
    Quit killing you neighbors !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Quit killing you neighbors !
    I dont have to, our average age is ~55 and impoverished. The old ones die and the young ones move to the cities and die.