• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Target now a gfz major announcement

Law abider

smithman

They think their response will appease both sides just enough. They know that it may not please gun owners, but it may not piss many of them off, either (the majority who CC's probably don't care!)

Until they post a sign, they can't expect you to know. So just continue to OC in Target. I do.

64Impala

That didn't take long...

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/section/6/article/101754/
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/targets-new-gun-policy-blamed-recent-robberies

When this policy was first announced, I contacted them thru the target webpage and got a response more or less that said...
"its for the children". I just replied back to their email with these links reiterating that I will no longer spend money at any of their stores.

Will it make a difference? Probably not, but one can hope.

Teej

They think their response will appease both sides just enough. They know that it may not please gun owners, but it may not piss many of them off, either (the majority who CC's probably don't care!)

Until they post a sign, they can't expect you to know. So just continue to OC in Target. I do.

Exactly. They've also publicly said they don't intend to confront/stop/ask people to leave. Though I haven't yet looked at the post above and its "That didn't take long..." yet....going there now. :\

Their "statement" was just to silence the whiners.