Thread: Target stores (leave your guns at home)

Target stores (leave your guns at home)

Target is yet another store that wants NONE of my money.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...licy/12014451/

http://wonkette.com/553378/target-ha...ling-in-stores <--- I think this site is funny, yet on target with my new Boycott of Target.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/04/news...get-moms-guns/
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Nor mine.

People seem to make this argument that they are respecting 'the 2nd amendment and safety at the same time'.... which seems to imply that guns are on the opposite side of the coin as safety.

This is a dangerous and deliberate attempt at a perception shift that I've seen in several places and needs to be curbed immediately. The RKBA is, as we all know, on the same side of the coin as safety, and where one is denied, surely so too is the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post

http://wonkette.com/553378/target-ha...ling-in-stores <--- I think this site is funny, yet on target with my new Boycott of Target.
    comments section... so much.... stupid.... can't..... contain....
    Last edited by Evil Creamsicle; 07-02-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post
    Target is yet another store that wants NONE of my money.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...licy/12014451/

http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/04/news...get-moms-guns/
    This from a retailer who can't even keep cyber criminals out of their servers, let alone real criminals from their stores! Copulate them; and kick the pigmy pony they rode into town with in the arse! Guess wal-mart gets my money.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 07-02-2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Clarify who gets kicked & copulated
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Clearly they feel they are making a proper business decision.

Their logo is more apprapo now then ever before. If you do not feel safe or welcome in their establishment simply take you're hard earned dollars elsewhere. If the company starts losing money due to their new policy, then they will change the policy. Its not personal its strictly business.

My .02

Regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

@Joe - it is personal, this is akin to me running a business and asking law-abiding people to put their lives in my hands. Me doing so knowing: I have no way of protecting them from a mad kitten, let alone criminally insane gunmen. Knowing I will not install proper security measures and hoping for the best is a recipe for a negligence civil suit IMHO. I can see it now the families of those killed by a criminal at (inset business name here) have filed a multimillion dollar law suit claiming their family members were slaughtered because they followed the stores rules of disarming.

I hope for the sake of lives it doesn't come to this, but it may very well happen.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    @Joe - it is personal, this is akin to me running a business and asking law-abiding people to put their lives in my hands. Me doing so knowing: I have no way of protecting them from a mad kitten, let alone criminally insane gunmen. Knowing I will not install proper security measures and hoping for the best is a recipe for a negligence civil suit IMHO. I can see it now the families of those killed by a criminal at (inset business name here) have filed a multimillion dollar law suit claiming their family members were slaughtered because they followed the stores rules of disarming.

I hope for the sake of lives it doesn't come to this, but it may very well happen.
    Hi FreeInAZ- You're points are well spoken, however, read my post again, If you don't feel safe going into that business, then take you're feeling's and you're cash elsewhere. When their bottom line (money)(profits) are affected by their policy, then they will change the policy.

Regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

I don't think they will post any signs, so I will still shop there concealed.
    But now I will ask if they sell paper targets.

Target has one of the most elaborate and extensive private security systems of any retailer. The idea that they can't say " we respect the right to lawfully and responsibly carry, and do not allow illegal carry, or irresponsible carry such as slung long guns" (my understanding is that this is from the event in texas?) is absurd. It's as though publicly acknowledging that the corporation has so much as an understanding of proper gun carry and handling would be politically incorrect/risky.

**** them, just like starbucks and unfortunately now chipotle. Plenty of local places want my money instead.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

"No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

I will just take my money and shop elsewhere. I sure as hell would not use my credit cards in their stores! I have not shopped at Target in a couple of years. Wal Mart and Meijer have a better selection and cheaper prices.

After reading the comments.... How are some people just so naive when it comes to guns and those of us who OC?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Creamsicle View Post
    comments section... so much.... stupid.... can't..... contain....

It physically hurts to keep my rude comments to myself.

Like another said in other posts, Liberals today are the Communists of the 1970's, same people, same religion, same ideology. Yes it is a religion so the brain shuts off and they do not care about the truth because their god, says they should hate guns. Who is their god? It used to be The State, now it is the state and the Leftist agenda. So if god (liberal theology) says guns are bad they question NOT and obey. Arguing with them is so enlightening and they go postal when you point out after they claim they believe guns are bad, that to believe is faith = religion. They have no defense and get really nasty. Mind you I am very soft spoken and well known to be polite....

Willful ignorance is their rule of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck125 View Post
    After reading the comments.... How are some people just so naive when it comes to guns and those of us who OC?

Quote Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
    Mind you I am very soft spoken and well known to be polite....
    As your username might suggest... ;-D

Banned

Criminals watch the news also....

Mean while criminials have found a new feeding ground, you have to love liberal thinking. "If you ban them, they will come"......

http://dailysurge.com/2014/07/days-t...-lot-3-gunmen/

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/0...-philadelphia/

http://gunsnfreedom.com/0710-more-ta...an-backfiring/