• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Target stores (leave your guns at home)

Evil Creamsicle

People seem to make this argument that they are respecting 'the 2nd amendment and safety at the same time'.... which seems to imply that guns are on the opposite side of the coin as safety.

This is a dangerous and deliberate attempt at a perception shift that I've seen in several places and needs to be curbed immediately. The RKBA is, as we all know, on the same side of the coin as safety, and where one is denied, surely so too is the other.

FreeInAZ

This from a retailer who can't even keep cyber criminals out of their servers, let alone real criminals from their stores! Copulate them; and kick the pigmy pony they rode into town with in the arse! Guess wal-mart gets my money. :cool:

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Clearly they feel they are making a proper business decision.

Their logo is more apprapo now then ever before. If you do not feel safe or welcome in their establishment simply take you're hard earned dollars elsewhere. If the company starts losing money due to their new policy, then they will change the policy. Its not personal its strictly business.

My .02

Regards

CCJ

FreeInAZ

@Joe - it is personal, this is akin to me running a business and asking law-abiding people to put their lives in my hands. Me doing so knowing: I have no way of protecting them from a mad kitten, let alone criminally insane gunmen. Knowing I will not install proper security measures and hoping for the best is a recipe for a negligence civil suit IMHO. I can see it now the families of those killed by a criminal at (inset business name here) have filed a multimillion dollar law suit claiming their family members were slaughtered because they followed the stores rules of disarming.

I hope for the sake of lives it doesn't come to this, but it may very well happen. :(

countryclubjoe

@Joe - it is personal, this is akin to me running a business and asking law-abiding people to put their lives in my hands. Me doing so knowing: I have no way of protecting them from a mad kitten, let alone criminally insane gunmen. Knowing I will not install proper security measures and hoping for the best is a recipe for a negligence civil suit IMHO. I can see it now the families of those killed by a criminal at (inset business name here) have filed a multimillion dollar law suit claiming their family members were slaughtered because they followed the stores rules of disarming.

I hope for the sake of lives it doesn't come to this, but it may very well happen. :(

Hi FreeInAZ- You're points are well spoken, however, read my post again, If you don't feel safe going into that business, then take you're feeling's and you're cash elsewhere. When their bottom line (money)(profits) are affected by their policy, then they will change the policy.

Regards

CCJ

Michigander

Target has one of the most elaborate and extensive private security systems of any retailer. The idea that they can't say " we respect the right to lawfully and responsibly carry, and do not allow illegal carry, or irresponsible carry such as slung long guns" (my understanding is that this is from the event in texas?) is absurd. It's as though publicly acknowledging that the corporation has so much as an understanding of proper gun carry and handling would be politically incorrect/risky.

**** them, just like starbucks and unfortunately now chipotle. Plenty of local places want my money instead.

cm2624

I will just take my money and shop elsewhere. I sure as hell would not use my credit cards in their stores! I have not shopped at Target in a couple of years. Wal Mart and Meijer have a better selection and cheaper prices.

alphamale

Like another said in other posts, Liberals today are the Communists of the 1970's, same people, same religion, same ideology. Yes it is a religion so the brain shuts off and they do not care about the truth because their god, says they should hate guns. Who is their god? It used to be The State, now it is the state and the Leftist agenda. So if god (liberal theology) says guns are bad they question NOT and obey. Arguing with them is so enlightening and they go postal when you point out after they claim they believe guns are bad, that to believe is faith = religion. They have no defense and get really nasty. Mind you I am very soft spoken and well known to be polite....

Willful ignorance is their rule of thought.

After reading the comments....:banghead: How are some people just so naive when it comes to guns and those of us who OC?