• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Georgia: OCer draws on OCer and demands ID

OC for ME

<snip>

This is why the nation is lost. "Cite to Source" or "Cite to Authority" or we're just going to sit here and live in denial some more... It's easier to "Call BS" than it is to stand up for the Bill of Rights. Internet wariors, unite and do nothing!
Noooo.....we are going to sit here and call BS on your BS until you can "cite to authority" that your BS is not BS. Until then your BS is nothing but unsubstantiated BS.....or opinion if you prefer.

Fallschirjmäger

So quickly you dismiss the obvious?

THIS SHERIFF spoke out against the change in the law. Conveniently, someone clowns in exactly the manner he described "fears" for...

Sherif [(The) Sheriff] probably knows this guy and set it up to make his argument seem valid. Most OC clowns are planted becasue [because] they know their aregument [argument] is a lie and they have to manufacture the incendents [incidents] they claim to be "afraid of."

As 'the guy' seems to be well known in the area, and as 'the guy' seems to have made the acquaintance of the local deputies a time or two before, I have no doubt the Sheriff knows him or at least knows of him. It would be a poor Sheriff that didn't.

The police chief said no one can demand a person to show their gun permit. Under the new law, he as police chief and his officers cannot demand to see a firearms permit, Childress said. “This is an example of my concern with the new gun law that people will take the law into their own hands which we will not tolerate.”
Hardly strong words condemning recently passed legislation, but whatevs...

The law actually says "(b) A person carrying a weapon shall not be subject to detention for the sole purpose of investigating whether such person has a weapons carry license." Were I the Sheriff, I might have "concerns" as well about private citizens attempting to exert some non-existent authority that isn't even granted to law enforcement.

Lastly, were I being conspiratorial, I'd likely not choose someone with such a tenuous grip on reality as Mr Williams. That takes a special kind of stupid.

Last edited:

OC for ME

"This is an example of my concern with the new gun law that people will take the law into their own hands which we will not tolerate,” Childress said.
Tolerate from mere citizens. We cops on the other hand...

...just kidding, I hope.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Noooo..... we are going to sit here and call BS on your BS until you can "cite to authority" that your BS is not BS. Until then your BS is nothing but unsubstantiated BS.....or opinion if you prefer.
We?

Enjoy calling BS. Hope that makes you feel good about doing nothing...

Enjoy your failed nation. There's no one to blame but you!

Last edited:

OC for ME

We?

Enjoy calling BS. Hope that makes you feel good about doing nothing...

Enjoy your failed nation. There's no one to blame but you!
If ya ain't got no proof all ya is doing is BSing.

Being wrong from time to time is not a bad thing. Pathological wrongness on the other hand...

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
You guys should know that the instigator of this is mentally unstable. He apparently hangs out at this store and demands to see the I.D. of anyone buying cigarettes, alcohol, etc. soooo hopefully this will finally get him some help or his weapon carrying "privileges" taken away.

So a gentleman with a known mental defect is allowed to carry(and use) a weapon? This was not a firearm problem, this was a mental health issue.

Noooo.....we are going to sit here and call BS on your BS until you can "cite to authority" that your BS is not BS. Until then your BS is nothing but unsubstantiated BS.....or opinion if you prefer.

That is a lot of BS