• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Target Addresses Firearms

MarkS

Star PD ?

Firearms International Model D -- predecessor to Colt Pony; serial numbers start with CP as the company developed it for Colt. My understanding is that over the years, the design was sold to Iver Johnson and then ultimately ended up in the hands of Sig. Works and feels a lot like a Sig P238 (with rust, of course).:)

WalkingWolf

Firearms International Model D -- predecessor to Colt Pony; serial numbers start with CP as the company developed it for Colt. My understanding is that over the years, the design was sold to Iver Johnson and then ultimately ended up in the hands of Sig. Works and feels a lot like a Sig P238 (with rust, of course).:)

http://star-firearms.com/firearms/guns/d/
Rebranded Variants: the Colt Pony, Iver Johnson .380 and FI Model D
All of these guns are mechanically identical to the Star branded DK models discussed above and differ only in the details mentioned below, and in their markings and marketing.

Yes, it is a Star D series pistol. Smaller than the PD, or the BK.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
Very nice.

I have a Star DK (Starfire). Twas my mom's.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I own a star SM super nickel 380 back in the mid 70's it didn't work very well and I traded it off on a Walther PPKS that work really well.

The star was a neat pistol but it didn't work. lots of jams horrible trigger. I forgot about it until this thread.

OldCurlyWolf

In the past I have owned a Star Model B and a Star Model A, both in 9mm Luger(9 x 19)

Both were reliable, even with hollow points after I found the Remington 115 Gr. HPs with the ogive adjacent to the Hollow Point.

:cool:

Trakanon

Is this "request" still Target's official stance? I went to Target today and did a quick google search for their OC policy. First hit I saw was a negative so I disarmed. I should just search this forum for the most up to date infos.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Is this "request" still Target's official stance? I went to Target today and did a quick google search for their OC policy. First hit I saw was a negative so I disarmed. I should just search this forum for the most up to date infos.

Personally, I've gone into apathy mode. After that brief bout of morons OCing long guns in Kroger, a bunch of places made these "requests". At first, I took it seriously. I've come to realize, however, that a holstered handgun isn't any more interesting or attention-grabbing than it was before. These "requests" were never really directed as us in the first place, and nobody seems to care anyway.

Heck, I was just in Starbucks today OCing (not for myself I might add). Nobody seemed interested. Good.

It's not my job to research "requests" that corporate promulgates through obscure media. If my presence is not wanted, managers are free place signs indicating an actual prohibition, or to ask me to leave. Barring that, I'm really not interested any longer.

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I am reminded that one tangential benefit to OC is the normalization of everyday carry. Well, wearing t-shirts is also normal activity. And yet, some places do prohibit t-shirts. Do t-shirt wearers research whether t-shirts are OK in every establishment? Or do they simply assume t-shirts are OK, excepting a very few specific establishments they have prior reason to suspect are not t-shirt friendly?

Last edited:

mnrobitaille

I have 2 Targets near me, however I have only OC'd into one so far. Several Team Members & a TLOD saw me but nothing was said.

My issue with businesses that say "No Firearms Allowed" is that that ban is just for firearms, not for anything else which can be classified as a weapon: "Device that can be used for causing bodily harm/injury".

OC Freedom

If I ever see a sign prohibiting firearms, I will just ignore it. Someone is going to have to approach me and verbally ask me to leave.

mnrobitaille

According to Handgunlaw.us Idaho & Washington PDFs, the "no firearms signs" are not valid unless they are backed by state/federal law as firearms prohibited.

If I ever see a sign prohibiting firearms, I will just ignore it. Someone is going to have to approach me and verbally ask me to leave.

OC Freedom

According to Handgunlaw.us Idaho & Washington PDFs, the "no firearms signs" are not valid unless they are backed by state/federal law as firearms prohibited.

Correct, I was not referring to government controlled facilities that fall into the prohibited classification.

mnrobitaille

Might work in Idaho and some states. Won't work in others. Know your local laws!

Just as in personal opinions, the "No Firearms Allowed" signs are YMMV when it comes to local/state laws.

On a side note, how is it a good idea to post the signs that guns are not allowed?

Yaki

The article didnt say oc therefore i addressed it the way i did. Hence my response.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The article didnt say oc therefore i addressed it the way i did. Hence my response.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
It looks like it is addressing Open Carry.....

Target Addresses Firearms in Stores

July 2, 2014

Every day at Target, in everything we do, we ask ourselves what is right for our guests? We make all of our decisions with that question in mind. Questions have circulated in recent weeks around Target’s policy on the “open carry” of firearms in its stores. Today, interim CEO, John Mulligan, shared the following note with our Target team members. We wanted you to hear this update from us, too.

The leadership team has been weighing a complex issue, and I want to be sure everyone understands our thoughts and ultimate decision.

As you’ve likely seen in the media, there has been a debate about whether guests in communities that permit “open carry” should be allowed to bring firearms into Target stores. Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so. But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target – even in communities where it is permitted by law.

We’ve listened carefully to the nuances of this debate and respect the protected rights of everyone involved. In return, we are asking for help in fulfilling our goal to create an atmosphere that is safe and inviting for our guests and team members.

This is a complicated issue, but it boils down to a simple belief: Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create.

Don’t miss out on the latest Target news and behind-the-scenes happenings! Subscribe to our bi weekly newsletter and get the top stories from A Bullseye View delivered straight to your inbox!
(My bold)