• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fellow OC needs help for trip to VA

scouser

Skid, play nice??? LOL That will be the day. Started celebrating early?

In all honesty Skid and Scouser are about the two most "play nice" guys I know.

;>)

actually after breakfast the other week when skid asked Logan for a hug (and got one). I want to know who that guy is and what he has done with skid

Back on topic .. come join us for breakfast tomorrow, someone will post where it will be soon enough if they havent already, or you can pm grapeshot or skidmark and ask them the location

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
actually after breakfast the other week when skid asked Logan for a hug (and got one). I want to know who that guy is and what he has done with skid

Back on topic .. come join us for breakfast tomorrow, someone will post where it will be soon enough if they havent already, or you can pm grapeshot or skidmark and ask them the location

Yeppers! Breakfast souper seekrit location has been announced. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...y-Diner-Parham-amp-I-95&p=2073670#post2073670

OK, I called it "souper seekrit" just to see if the folks at NSA are reading. Y'all come on down. (Even the folks at NSA.)

stay safe.

Turbod'1

OP here:

Thanks to everyone responding to this thread. I just got back to Vegas but I wanted to give an update.

Decided not to take the Glock as I didn't want to check a bag (I know, lame (and I had to anyway as "The plane is full, sir." :uhoh: )) yet, after the place I stayed in, I kinda wish I did!

While nothing happened, here is the description of my lodging;

I'm at the 'Murder Motel' in which I've managed to stay alive for the last 3 nights. Some of it's features are:

Carpet that appears to be coved with blood stains
Door that you can't lock when you leave, covered peephole and broken security latch (At least once came back to the door actually being locked despite no evidence of housekeeping.)
Broken phone, alarm clock, fridge, hair dryer, tv remote
Holes in the walls, filth everywhere, apparently urine stained lamp shades, ironing board with no iron (like I'd know what to do with it anyway), furniture I'd DARE you to sit on
Neighbors of shady disposition

It was AWESOME!!!

But seriously, I checked in around 2230 on the 4th, all rooms are outside access, so imagine my thoughts when I pulled up to my room only to find it ever so slightly ajar. I swept the room with my 'finger gun' and discovered no intruder. The rest of the night was irksome as it was a noisy as you'd expect from such a run down place on the 4th of July.

Long story short, the staff were nice enough but the place was a freaking dump. Fortunately, I don't scare easily so I never even asked for another room, instead just packing up my stuff every time I left and dealing with state of affairs in stride. In fact, I think the place was CLEANER when I left despite having NO room service the whole time I was there (other than towels) -- I cleaned it myself. :D

Turbod'1

Hope you had a fine time in our state.

Have to ask... Why did you chose that particular motel for your visit?

I had very little time to take in the sights as my mission precluded that - still - I'm sure that VA can be quite beautiful were it not for me spending so much time on post or in off highway 'slums'. :)

As to why, I simply didn't know any better and it was part of a very compelling priceline package that included flight+car+hotel. Had I known better, I'd have at least picked a place closer to post as I was about 10 miles out.

On a somewhat related note, I didn't observe anyone OC. Then again, I haven't here (Vegas) in the year I've lived here (out side of a meet and greet).