• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CT FORM JD-CL-80 CGS, CT “51-5C”, Lock Restraining order's

Good Citizen

CT’s erasure statutes state that nothing in the protective order registry is subject to erasure, it is a black hole of information that is used to attack you when you are applying for a Connecticut gun permit ie. Suitably, & a way to bring up old arrests. Against it’s Legislative intent.

LOCK RESTRAING OR PROTECTIVE ORDER’S INFORMATION BASED ON CT FORM JD-CL-80 CGS, CT “51-5C”, SO IT CAN’T BE USED AGAINST YOU FOR SUITIBILTY

If you plan on applying for the Connecticut a pistol permit and have prior restraining or protective orders should fill this form. I got this information directly from the Chief Court Administrator in 2011. If you had a restraining order against you or you are a victim you will both need to fill it out and sign it, this form and process represents a lot of hours of work more than I would like to admit. After filling out this form the chief Court administrator sent a letter to the chief of police in my town advising him that he had learned of some of the information through the protective order registry and he was not allowed to use it, at the board of firearms examiners.
CT State police licensing and firearms unit will use the protective order registry against it’s legislative intent to try to prove you unsuitable.
I go to the courthouse to fill out the form don't let the person at window tell you that's not what it's for sign them and have them file it.
I recovered an old hard drive and found this piece of gold I wanted to share!

51-5c
(c) Any person protected by an order contained in the registry of protective orders may make a request in writing, on a form prescribed by the Chief Court Administrator, that the registry not disclose such protected person's name and address except to the law enforcement agency for the town in which (1) such protected person resides, (2) such protected person is employed, or (3) the person subject to the order resides.

This form will help lock down the information, especially if you use it to file an appeal.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thanks for the link that's it, it works better if you are now on good terms with the supposid victim, and can get them to sign it. Good for those B S disputes the PD's try to blow out of proportion!

Looks like a form that the complainant/plaintiff completes to hide their information .. with an exception for the police (or course) .. so they could use it against you still I think, just not disclose who the "victim" was ....

Just my opinion of course.

Have a BFPE case cite or court case that shows that it would meet the goal that you noted in your OP, OP?