Thread: Customs forms needed to bring firearms to/from USVI

Customs forms needed to bring firearms to/from USVI

For anyone who has had to transport firearms to/from U.S. Virgin Islands. Do you need to declare them to U.S. Customs? I know when you leave the U.S. you need a CBP form 4457; however, being that the Virgin Islands is outside of the Customs territory, I wasn't sure if this was required or not.

I know the Virgin Islands say you must contact them upon arrival with a firearm, but this question isn't about their requirements, it's about customs requirements.

Thanks

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    For anyone who has had to transport firearms to/from U.S. Virgin Islands. Do you need to declare them to U.S. Customs? I know when you leave the U.S. you need a CBP form 4457; however, being that the Virgin Islands is outside of the Customs territory, I wasn't sure if this was required or not.

I know the Virgin Islands say you must contact them upon arrival with a firearm, but this question isn't about their requirements, it's about customs requirements.

Thanks
    Are you required to go through Customs leaving USVI on your return to one of the 50 US States?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Are you required to go through Customs leaving USVI on your return to one of the 50 US States?
    Yes, you go through Customs but not immigration. You will go through Immigration if you admit to leaving the U.S. Virgin Islands while you are down there.