• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Customs forms needed to bring firearms to/from USVI

Jared

For anyone who has had to transport firearms to/from U.S. Virgin Islands. Do you need to declare them to U.S. Customs? I know when you leave the U.S. you need a CBP form 4457; however, being that the Virgin Islands is outside of the Customs territory, I wasn't sure if this was required or not.

I know the Virgin Islands say you must contact them upon arrival with a firearm, but this question isn't about their requirements, it's about customs requirements.

Thanks

JoeSparky

Centurion
For anyone who has had to transport firearms to/from U.S. Virgin Islands. Do you need to declare them to U.S. Customs? I know when you leave the U.S. you need a CBP form 4457; however, being that the Virgin Islands is outside of the Customs territory, I wasn't sure if this was required or not.

I know the Virgin Islands say you must contact them upon arrival with a firearm, but this question isn't about their requirements, it's about customs requirements.

Thanks

Are you required to go through Customs leaving USVI on your return to one of the 50 US States?

Jared

Are you required to go through Customs leaving USVI on your return to one of the 50 US States?

Yes, you go through Customs but not immigration. You will go through Immigration if you admit to leaving the U.S. Virgin Islands while you are down there.