Thread: When in Missouri, do as Kansas does?

When in Missouri, do as Kansas does?

It sure is looking good over the border. Problem solved.

Maybe some politicians on the Missouri side will finally get a little courage, to go beyond the itty bitty baby steps?

Hopefully we will follow our good neighbor.

Until then, we have a great place to visit.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Some specific content would be of benefit. What exactly is the point?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I think those in MO will take my meaning.

Did I miss the memo?

Give me a reason to keep this.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

I think the OP is refering to the fact that Kansas has done many of the things as a state that Missouri should do with legislation. Kansas has preempted open carry. Kansas has also passed a nullification law. We in Missouri still have a patchwork of laws to overcome. Fortunately for the state of Kansas they have patriots in critical state government positions for example Governor and AG that know their duty to the people to protect them from tyrannical federal overreach. I envy Kansas their Governor and AG wish I had theirs instead of the IMO crooks that Missouri has in these positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Gazoo View Post
    I think the OP is refering to the fact that Kansas has done many of the things as a state that Missouri should do with legislation. Kansas has preempted open carry. Kansas has also passed a nullification law. We in Missouri still have a patchwork of laws to overcome. Fortunately for the state of Kansas they have patriots in critical state government positions for example Governor and AG that know their duty to the people to protect them from tyrannical federal overreach. I envy Kansas their Governor and AG wish I had theirs instead of the IMO crooks that Missouri has in these positions.
    Makes sense - 'preciate your shining the light

Not saying good or bad.....but IIRC, the Kansas bill that was signed addressed the OC issue only; a single issue bill or at least a very limited bill. In a way, I wish we could possible try a single issue bill to see what happens. SB656 is close.

Glad KS has simplified the OC in their state.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

HB 2578 cover so much more than that. It addresses concealed carry issues, open carry, creates state preemption of firearms, gun buy backs, and so much more. It is a great stride forward.

http://kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14..._2578_2014.pdf
    Last edited by tcbrad98; 07-05-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tcbrad98 View Post
    HB 2578 cover so much more than that. It addresses concealed carry issues, open carry, creates state preemption of firearms, gun buy backs, and so much more. It is a great stride forward.

http://kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14..._2578_2014.pdf
    My apologies for selling it short. The version I reviewed had summarized everything to the legalization of OC without municipality infringement and prevent the municipalities from interfering with carry in general. The bill had several items. My bad. Thanks for the link.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain