Thread: Farmer's Markets, which have you OC'd at?

Farmer's Markets, which have you OC'd at?

I have OC'd at the one in Redmond. Got a snooty comment, something about not needing a gun....

OC at the Sammamish farmer's market this past Wednesday, couple of looks no comments.

OC at the Duvall one yesterday, got a couple of looks and one question. The question was, "Is that considered open carry." Yes, because it's not being hidden.

OC at the North Bend farmer's Market 1 look that I noticed, friendly people, no comments. This one was bigger than the ones in Sammamish and Duvall.

What are your experiences?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I OC'ed at least once at the Edmonds FM last summer. I smiled and waved at the paid 594 signature gatherer standing at one of the entrances, and he didn't like that too much. I'm not aware of anyone else taking any note of my Walther.

Does Pike Place count? I didn't turn 21 until after the FMs in PO shut down for the winter. I did however witness Vitauea and 1245A open carry at the port orchard FM before, no issues there

I like the West Seattle Farmers Market, next time I go ill OC and give you a report
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Have in Bellingham's no issues.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Olympia, no issues.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Port Orchard

I have OC'd at the Port Orchard farmers market for years with no problems.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    I've OC'd at the Willis Tucker FM out here in Snohomish without issues a few times.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    I have OC'd at the Port Orchard farmers market for years with no problems.
    I forgot that I made it to that one last year.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Whatcom County will have an OCDO info booth at the B'ham Farmers Market this Sunday. We will be covering the Pride Parade and the party after. No worries last year, even got a pic of me and the Deputy Chief there while she was in full uniform.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington