• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Lexington Center

DrakeZ07

What about the county-wide Montgomery Co. Court Days weekend event every year this weekend

Went there yesterday and I lost count of all the Open Carriers with loaded and mag-in sidearms, most in hip holsters, some in their back pocket, some as mexican-carry; Point being, Court Days is the attended by tens of thousands of people both from within and without the state, hundreds carring OC everyday rigs, hundreds more walking around with shotguns and rifles on their shoulds and backs, a few rifles i checked out to potentially buy was loaded, but, i clear the breach and bolt before handling a rifle. Point-point-being, I've nit heard of a AD/ND in the last three years, at Court Days.

The vendors always ask and tell people to clear their weapons as soon as its unholstered.

The excuse of people being afraid of a loaded gun being carelessly waved around and pointed in childrens faces and such, justifying disarming Law-Abiding Gun owners and carriers, is the same excuse that anti-gunners use to champion restrictive and unconnstitutional laws againct Open Carry.

I dont mean to come across as insulting, but if anyone has ever gone to court days and took note of every vendor and carrier with a gun, in mt sterling, hope, or preston (bath co), then they'd notice just how B.S. The "for the children and safety" excuse is.

I know, i kniw, i dont have to go to gun shows and can stop whining... But still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bunnspecial

I'll just pile on and say that I've never had an issue with the unloaded/zip tied requirement at the RK shows, Ron Dickson shows, or any of the other gun shows I've attended.

Just at the horse park last weekend alone, I can't being to tell you how many times I was muzzle swept and plenty of other instances of "sloppy" gun handling. I feel a lot better knowing that everything is unloaded and tied down, even though I realize that it's an easy system to defeat.

I'll also add that Kenny Woods/RK specifically don't allow "loose" ammo out on tables to lessen the chance of someone grabbing a live round off a table and stuffing it in a gun. One of my usual table partners a few years back had an unboxed tray of assorted 38 specials laying out a few years back, and Kenny himself came by the table and told us that it needed to baged, boxed, or put in a case for exactly that reason.

By the way, for those of you who frequent the Rupp/Heritage Hall shows, it's worth mentioning that the back "dealer" door is rarely guarded and pretty much anyone could walk in with anything. That always makes me a bit uneasy.