• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Target poll

countryclubjoe

Hi VaGunTrader- Thanks for the post. However it is way to early to know if their new policy is good or bad for their business.

I do not support their policy, however they have very bright business executives that do studies to determine whether their decisions will in fact affect their bottom line, that bottom line is PROFITS. Today their decision may show that they made a good creative business decision however 5 months from now if their profits are down, the decision will be considered a failure. Therefore the policy will be changed.
Big company's just don't make these decisions with out consulting their most savvy business executives and their brightest corporate counsel.

I for one would never go to a place where I did not feel SAFE OR WANTED.

Now do I believe the powers to be at target have the right to control what items a customer brings into their story, OF COURSE I DO.

If my favorite diner, started implementing a dress code for dining in their establishment, would I continue to go there.. Yes, I would, the food is great and I kind of fancy myself a dapper dresser, however if they said I could only wear flip flops and a hawaiian shirt, then I would find another diner to spend my cash. Its not personal, its simply business, and businesses need to look out for their bottom line, and their stock holders..

Just forget target and start shopping where you feel wanted and safe.

Best regards.

CCJ

TFred

Hi VaGunTrader- Thanks for the post. However it is way to early to know if their new policy is good or bad for their business.

I do not support their policy, however they have very bright business executives that do studies to determine whether their decisions will in fact affect their bottom line, that bottom line is PROFITS. Today their decision may show that they made a good creative business decision however 5 months from now if their profits are down, the decision will be considered a failure. Therefore the policy will be changed.
Big company's just don't make these decisions with out consulting their most savvy business executives and their brightest corporate counsel.

I for one would never go to a place where I did not feel SAFE OR WANTED.

Now do I believe the powers to be at target have the right to control what items a customer brings into their story, OF COURSE I DO.

If my favorite diner, started implementing a dress code for dining in their establishment, would I continue to go there.. Yes, I would, the food is great and I kind of fancy myself a dapper dresser, however if they said I could only wear flip flops and a hawaiian shirt, then I would find another diner to spend my cash. Its not personal, its simply business, and businesses need to look out for their bottom line, and their stock holders..

Just forget target and start shopping where you feel wanted and safe.

Best regards.

CCJ
What post are you replying to?

The question asked in the poll is: "Do you support Target's new firearms policy?"

Your rant is not even close to on topic.

TFred

countryclubjoe

What post are you replying to?

The question asked in the poll is: "Do you support Target's new firearms policy?"

Your rant is not even close to on topic.

TFred

Hi Tfred

In my second sentence, I state, "I do not support their policy".

ccj

wrearick

maybe it is a security feature on the network I am currently on but when I select "No, the policy infringes on Second Amendment rights and click "Cast your vote" I get an error message saying "Please select an answer choice to vote". I am not willing to select one of the "other" answers to see if it will recognize those choices. Is anyone else having a similar problem?