• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boise mall open carry

OC Freedom

My wife and I went to the Boise mall on the 4th, so she could shop for some work shoes. From other postings about the Boise mall here, it seems that they do not allow open carry even though no signs are posted that I could find. Yes you guessed it, I open carried my Glock 42 in a Blackhawk serpa holster on my right hip at the 3 o clock position for the entire visit. Went to Dillards, JC Penny, Clarks, and See's Candies with not one word said. The most interesting thing during the visit is when we approached the entrance to the mall the security gaurd held open the door for us and said "good afternoon" as he was heading out of the mall to his security vehicle. The security gaurd isn't very observant or maybe they have had a policy change, I am thinking that he should find another career option.:rolleyes: