• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill Would Allow Police to Confiscate Guns Based on Accusation Alone

rightwinglibertarian

California’s AB 1014 labeled most draconian gun control legislation in the country

AB 1014, authored by Assembly members Das Williams and Nancy Skinner, would create ‘gun violence restraining orders’ that would allow police to proactively confiscate firearms and hold them for one year with no due process merely based on an accusation made by an immediate family member, a law enforcement officer or a health professional.

http://www.teaparty.org/bill-allow-police-confiscate-guns-based-accusation-alone-46318/

Sounds like another non-law is could be inflicted on Californians already burdened with tyranny and an inflated government whose power hasnt been checked by the people.

FattyKrack

I have already seen this bill, and have declared it treasonous in every aspect of the word. This may very well be the most dangerous piece of literature to peace officers ever written, and should not be frowned upon just for that reason. Complete and utter B.S..

rightwinglibertarian

I have already seen this bill, and have declared it treasonous in every aspect of the word. This may very well be the most dangerous piece of literature to peace officers ever written, and should not be frowned upon just for that reason. Complete and utter B.S..

All the more stupid to bow down and obey such a load of junk. But there are too many sheeple who don't bother standing up for the Constitution all the while insisting they actually support gun rights.

countryclubjoe

How many tyrants did it take to come up with this proposal? This is not only a 2A issue here folks. The legal ramifications of this proposed bill are unthinkable. I have no fear of such an unconstitutional proposal ever passing, However, my fear is that there are many tyrants among us that have no shame and or honor in proposing such an unconstitutional bill and attempting to destroy our Constitution. The powers to be here in NJ and NY along with the other anti liberty states are surely rooting for this to pass. The same tax payers that are fitting the tab for this unconstitutional proposal are the same folks that the law seeks to punish, the law abiding hard working tax paying citizen.

My .02

Regards

CCJ