Thread: Thought this was interesting

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Thought this was interesting

Saw this graphic on another website. Thought it was interesting and worth posting here.

http://monderno.com/criminal-states-america/
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I think that if you would further break it down you would find that even in the worst states the majority of the crimes are committed in the states large urban minority communities.

Out side those areas the crime rates are very low as a old saying one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

All the talk about crime is just a cover for gun control the anti's know more guns less crime but they just don't care their goal in disarmament of the American people for political reasons not crime reasons.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

LOL "Produced by Criminal Justice Degree Hub using using FBI Uniform Crime reports ..."

Your one stop shop for all your on-line degree needs.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I think that if you would further break it down you would find that even in the worst states the majority of the crimes are committed in the states large urban minority communities.

Out side those areas the crime rates are very low as a old saying one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

All the talk about crime is just a cover for gun control the anti's know more guns less crime but they just don't care their goal in disarmament of the American people for political reasons not crime reasons.
    Yes. A thousand times yes. "Rates" mean litle until they are broken down into a variety of categories - most of the needed ones never being provided by the government or the antis. But it is so much easier to count the crimes and dvide by all the people. Seems that using that method Vermont is the state with the highest "rate" of guns being traced to crimes. But if you look at the methodology you find that a very small number of such traces, when applied to a very small population, results in a very high "rate".

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Break it down

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post

Here is some break down
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WTF.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	11814  
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Rates are on element of descriptive statistics and meaningless without more description. Rates cannot be properly compared without the deviations, for instance. Measured intelligence 'q' per chronological year is a rate and we know how well that is corrupted - IQ.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Yes. A thousand times yes. "Rates" mean litle until they are broken down into a variety of categories - most of the needed ones never being provided by the government or the antis. But it is so much easier to count the crimes and dvide by all the people. Seems that using that method Vermont is the state with the highest "rate" of guns being traced to crimes. But if you look at the methodology you find that a very small number of such traces, when applied to a very small population, results in a very high "rate".

stay safe.
    Actually it probably really just means that Vermont is far more consistent at performing gun tracing procedures. As a real life example, in the state of Washington law enforcement agencies are required by law to perform a trace on a guns seized in relation to criminal activity. However a recent report revealed only two law enforcement agencies in the entire state actually trace half or more of guns seized, and most agencies trace under 20% (IIRC).

So, for instance, if Chicago doesn't do very much tracing there is no way Illinois will be anywhere near the top of that list.