Thread: Whatcha gonna do when Gottlieb comes for you?

Whatcha gonna do when Gottlieb comes for you?

SAF files suit against North Carolina seeking injunction of the law that prohibits legal aliens from receiving a concealed carry permit....

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...carolina-case/

Given precedent from SAF legal victories they'll likely prevail
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Moderator / Administrator

States cannot limit gun rights for aliens

This is straight forward kind of lawsuit and should be brought via 42 USC 1983 against any state still banning aliens gun rights - the S. Ct. has held that states have little say over regulating aliens, a matter given to the federal Congress to regulate.

I think Oklahoma has the same gun ban on aliens at least as to handgun carry permits.

Any hungry lawyers in Oklahoma??

Banned
    And all those illegals coming over the boarder I'm sure will want guns and permits.

Will they use their illegal entry into the US as a strike against them in their permit application process?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And all those illegals coming over the boarder I'm sure will want guns and permits.

Will they use their illegal entry into the US as a strike against them in their permit application process?
    Seeing as how they are criminals currently engaged in an ongoing criminal act, I suspect that they will not meet the qualifications under any state's permitting/lisencing scheme.

A wonderful attempt to divert the discussion. Puerile and annoying. But still a wonderful attempt.

In all the cases so far the plaintiffs have been legally admitted aliens on a permanent visa. Some are in the process of attaining citizenship through naturalization, but that should not matter either way since the Constitution addresses "the People", not "the Citizens" and we are all going to have to learn to accept that SCOTUS has said that Congress can in fact infringe the right of those convicted of certain crimes or determined to be mentally incompetent or a danger to self or others.

If you really want to get your head all twisted, consider how SCOTUS would have to reconcile its rulings (yes, plural) that the police have no obligation to protect any individual against te fact that certain persons not otherwise disqualified from possessing a firearm are prohibited from an effective and efficient means of self defense.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit