• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcha gonna do when Gottlieb comes for you?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
States cannot limit gun rights for aliens

This is straight forward kind of lawsuit and should be brought via 42 USC 1983 against any state still banning aliens gun rights - the S. Ct. has held that states have little say over regulating aliens, a matter given to the federal Congress to regulate.

I think Oklahoma has the same gun ban on aliens at least as to handgun carry permits.

Any hungry lawyers in Oklahoma??

davidmcbeth

Banned
And all those illegals coming over the boarder I'm sure will want guns and permits.

Will they use their illegal entry into the US as a strike against them in their permit application process?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
And all those illegals coming over the boarder I'm sure will want guns and permits.

Will they use their illegal entry into the US as a strike against them in their permit application process?

Seeing as how they are criminals currently engaged in an ongoing criminal act, I suspect that they will not meet the qualifications under any state's permitting/lisencing scheme.

A wonderful attempt to divert the discussion. Puerile and annoying. But still a wonderful attempt.

In all the cases so far the plaintiffs have been legally admitted aliens on a permanent visa. Some are in the process of attaining citizenship through naturalization, but that should not matter either way since the Constitution addresses "the People", not "the Citizens" and we are all going to have to learn to accept that SCOTUS has said that Congress can in fact infringe the right of those convicted of certain crimes or determined to be mentally incompetent or a danger to self or others.

If you really want to get your head all twisted, consider how SCOTUS would have to reconcile its rulings (yes, plural) that the police have no obligation to protect any individual against te fact that certain persons not otherwise disqualified from possessing a firearm are prohibited from an effective and efficient means of self defense.

stay safe.