• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is, being anti-gun a mental illness?

Freedom1Man

http://bearingarms.com/gun-control-...ebook&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=baupdate

Blaming inanimate objects for the actions of people is a pattern of behavior that self-righteous zealots have been using since prehistory. Here in the United States, the most successful expression of that insanity was the Temperance Movement that sprung up after the Civil War.

The Temperance Movement blamed alcohol for the actions of people. In that regard, Shannon Watts is little more than Carrie Nation, though Watts is much better compensated than the possibly mentally ill woman who was the driving force behind Prohibition.

I think so.

EMNofSeattle

If you're willing to categorize mental illness so broadly then what is left that isn't mental illness....

The problem is, if we can find a way to categorize everyone as mentally ill. Then does it mean anything to even have the term?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Which mental disease did you have in mind? There are a multitude of possibilities, and the diagnosis can range from mild to severe.

And the same can be said of all the folks that support RKBA.

The real issue is not deciding which diagnosis to pick but getting someone with the approppriate state guild membership card to sign on the form.

Before I retirted I had two out of the required three signatures lined up for a disability p[ension. Then I retired and wound up with a disability pension for some totally unrelated diagnoses. Guess I should have been more careful what I wished for.

stay safe.

solus

the one in the article is a weeping angel, don't blink or you will be turned to...

too late i'm afraid...

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned
No.

But, being a liberal is a genetic defect, not a mental condition by definition.....liberals are born that way and as such cannot be changed. Fortunately this genetic defect is not in the majority of the population, only about 20%, 30% tops.

luckily there is a cure ! need: three to six inches of water in a large enough container to contain a human head ...

JoeSparky

Centurion
So, stupidity is an incurable disease of the mind. A mental condition and as such it would be a mental illness.
No! Stupidity is a failure to learn when info or experiences are presented. A mental illness many times results in misperception of the data available. This misperception could most likely interfere with the appropriate integration of data and information and experience with knowledge.

Gil223

Hoplophobia would be a mental illness, but not all anti-gun wackos are hoplophobes. Some are, but I believe the majority are simply victims of an inability to think for themselves and a lack of logical insight on the issue of firearms. Pax...

WalkingWolf

Keep in mind that not all anti gunners are nuts. Gun control is a lobby industry, just like NRA, for the people leading the charge it is about money. Some of these people are well educated so they are not stupid, the people they lead though are. Gun control is also about power and the desire to control the actions of others. It is more anti "live and let live" than anti gun. Notice that rabid anti gunners are so willing to confront people carrying the very objects they claim is their fear. Why in the world would anybody in their right mind verbally attack someone with one of those scary inanimate objects. The answer is easy, they do not fear the object, but have to control somebody for something.

cjohnson44546

the one in the article is a weeping angel, don't blink or you will be turned to...

too late i'm afraid...

ipse

turned to what? If it was a "weeping angel" and got to Watts... maybe if she got sent to the past she'd get a new found respect for needing weapons to defend herself, but she'd probably be dead in a few days or much less.

I don't think there is any mental illness here... too much is called mental illness when its just stupidity... or the highly ignorant that think they are knowledgeable, and too stubborn to actually learn anything.

JoeSparky

Centurion
turned to what? If it was a "weeping angel" and got to Watts... maybe if she got sent to the past she'd get a new found respect for needing weapons to defend herself, but she'd probably be dead in a few days or much less.

I don't think there is any mental illness here... too much is called mental illness when its just stupidity... or the highly ignorant that think they are knowledgeable, and too stubborn to actually learn anything.

BUt, But, But...

If it is classified as a "mental illness" then they have no need to bear the consequences of their actions because it just isn't their fault. They have no control of what the "mental illness" makes them do!

/ may be some sarcasm

Last edited: