Thread: July 4th Veteran shoot at gunman under new CC rights in Chicago

July 4th Veteran returns fire at gunman under new CC rights in Chicago

http://news.yahoo.com/veteran-concea...031804649.html

"Had Friday’s shooting occurred a little more than a year ago, the veteran would not have been legally permitted to conceal carry his firearm.

Illinois was the last U.S. state to allow citizens to carry concealed weapons with a permit, finally passing a law on July 9, 2013. The state began issuing conceal carry permits in February."
    Last edited by BillHoo; 07-07-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Forget the fact that he is a veteran - some folks not yet in their teens who live there have seen more combat than many veterans.

Seven people died and approximately 50 were injured in shootings that took place in Chicago over the weekend. The city has among the highest violent crime rates among major U.S. cities.
    I hate to think what their violent crime rate is when compared to minor U.S. cities and small towns.

This whole incident smells of the need to address "disrespect" - touch my liquor bottle without permission? I'll kill you! (Regardless of the "disrespect" showed by putting your liquor bottle on top of somebody else's car in the first place. ) That's some mighty fine problem resolution skills being displayed. (That's sarcasm, for anybody that missed it the first time around. )

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Divide veterans from citizens and conquer. Either we are equal or we are not.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    ........ some folks not yet in their teens who live there have seen more combat than many veterans.

I hate to think what their violent crime rate is when compared to minor U.S. cities and small towns.

This whole incident smells of the need to address "disrespect" ....... That's some mighty fine problem resolution skills being displayed. (That's sarcasm, for anybody that missed it the first time around. )

stay safe. (by staying out of chicago)
    It seems this is the way they were "trained". Problem? Shoot the guy. Criminals/thugs have weapons and LACs do not so it makes it an easy way out. Skid is spot on with the "respect" thing. You have all seen the tatoos.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The city has among the highest violent crime rates among major U.S. cities.

Bloomberg must be devastated - NYC is not #1.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I am a vet .. I have no different RKBA than non-vets.

Like Bill Murray said in Stripes ... "we were all stupid enough to join"

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I am a vet .. I have no different RKBA than non-vets. Like Bill Murray said in Stripes ... "we were all stupid enough to join"
    Nope. Some were drafted, conscripted and killed.

spam reported

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I have no problem holding a veteran on a higher pedestal than myself. Our rights are equal, and I know the point you are trying to make, but I will always believe that a veteran deserves more from this government as well as other citizens.

What are the "spam reported" posts about?

Quote Originally Posted by willy1094 View Post
    I have no problem holding a veteran on a higher pedestal than myself. Our rights are equal, and I know the point you are trying to make, but I will always believe that a veteran deserves more from this government as well as other citizens.

What are the "spam reported" posts about?
    Traces of a recent DOS spam attack, deleted posts.

A correspondent here claims to be a veteran and advertises his brutal criminality, equal, more equal?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-17-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willy1094 View Post
    Our rights are equal, and I know the point you are trying to make, but I will always believe that a veteran deserves more from this government as well as other citizens.
    As a veteran (as well as son of a veteran, father of a veteran, father-in-law of an active duty soldier, brother-in-law and son-in-law to career retiree veterans, etc.), I disagree.

We should get exactly what we contracted for. Nothing more, nothing less.

And I personally take affront at "thank you for serving our country", because the last time a service member repelled an attack on U.S. soil was December 7, 1941.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    And I personally take affront at "thank you for serving our country", because the last time a service member repelled an attack on U.S. soil was December 7, 1941.
    So why make the distinguishment that you are a veteran at all? That is a genuine question, not meant as confrontational. I am curious because you are the first person I have heard say you are offended in any way when someone recognizes your service. I know a lot of veterans, some reserve, some never saw battle, and some that did.