Thread: Judicial Supremacy: How Did this Far-Fetched Claim Originate?

Judicial Supremacy: How Did this Far-Fetched Claim Originate?

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2014...aim-originate/

In an August 2010 paper for the Constitution Project titled “Judicial Supremacy: How Did this Far-Fetched Claim Originate?” (available to read in full below this article) constitutional scholar Louis Fisher launches an in-depth analysis of the Marbury decision and arrives at the same conclusion: Marshall never intended to assert absolute superiority of the Court. In fact, Fisher calls the notion “nonsense.”
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Along with that post I recommend reading Kevin Gutzman's Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution, it mostly talks about who destroyed it, yep the courts.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Or in the words of Justice Hugo L Black

" Recalling that it is a Constitution intended to endure for ages to come we also remember that the Founders wisely provided the means for that endurance; Changes in the Constitution, when thought necessary, are to be proposed by Congress or conventions and ratified by the states.The Founders gave no such amending power to this Court."

My .02

Best regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Or in the words of Justice Hugo L Black

" Recalling that it is a Constitution intended to endure for ages to come we also remember that the Founders wisely provided the means for that endurance; Changes in the Constitution, when thought necessary, are to be proposed by Congress or conventions and ratified by the states.The Founders gave no such amending power to this Court."

My .02

Best regards

CCJ
    Too bad the KKK man didn't live up to his own words.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Too bad the KKK man didn't live up to his own words.
    Hi SVG

Justice Black's story is a good read. The KKK issue aside,chalk it off to youthful politically motivated ambition. I guess he righted his wrong a bit in United States v Price.

Black was also a huge fan of John "Freeborn John" Lilburne. Which in turn makes Black a fan of mine. While he his not my favorite Justice of all time, I do have him in my top 14-15 Justices of the Supreme Court.

Best regards SMV

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

He was FDR's man that helped erase a lot of constitutional restraints upon the feds. His anti Catholicism (KKK thing) was part of his decisions dealing with schools, and the make believe "wall of separation" applying it to states.