Thread: What's good for the goose.......

What's good for the goose.......

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...266105531.html

In 35 years in law enforcement, says the Takoma Park Police chief, he's never had this happen.

He's never had a store tell him that he would have to leave his service weapon in the car or leave the store -- especially when he was in his police uniform.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    In this case the goose got an apology and will be welcomed, while common goslings will have to fend for themselves.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

"It isn't the most prudent thing to do to walk around the store in uniform with an empty holster," he said. "And I am not going to lock my gun in a commercial parking lot, with people watching me put it in there. That's just ludicrous." The chief demanded to see the store's written policy, but he only got it today after News4 contacted Ikea. http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...266105531.html
    Some message has gotten through! Feel the love!
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    And I am not going to lock my gun in a commercial parking lot, with people watching me put it in there. That's just ludicrous.
    LOL. Ludicrous if directed at them, but not if directed from them.
    Advocate freedom please

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    "It isn't the most prudent thing to do to walk around the store in uniform with an empty holster," Goldberg said. "And I am not going to lock my gun in a commercial parking lot, with people watching me put it in there. That's just ludicrous."

Some animals are more equal.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    "It isn't the most prudent thing to do to walk around the store in uniform with an empty holster," Goldberg said. "And I am not going to lock my gun in a commercial parking lot, with people watching me put it in there. That's just ludicrous."

I saw what you did there.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

But that's what happened July 4 in the Ikea in College Park, where Takoma Park Police Chief Alan Goldberg had stopped in with his daughter. Goldberg was in uniform because he had worked that morning at the city's July 4 parade, and would be back on duty that night for fireworks.
    He was off duty it seems. His is a anti-2A cop.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I saw what you did there.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Good to see our overlords have more rights than us...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

Using "animals" in that sense is derogatory and belittles the animal kingdom. PETA (the bad kind, not the carnivores) is going to start #LikeAnAnimal movement to prevent this archaic, evil characterization that harms our sensitive members of the animal kingdom.

Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Using "animals" in that sense is derogatory and belittles the animal kingdom. PETA (the bad kind, not the carnivores) is going to start #LikeAnAnimal movement to prevent this archaic, evil characterization that harms our sensitive members of the animal kingdom.

The line is straight from Animal Farm.

I think it likely (though he didn't say it out right) that SVG was referring to that cloven hoof variety and the corresponding slang expression that was formerly used to describe certain members of our community.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post

LOL....People for Eating Tasty Animals?

The line is straight from Animal Farm.

I think it likely (though he didn't say it out right) that SVG was referring to that cloven hoof variety and the corresponding slang expression that was formerly used to describe certain members of our community.
    +1

In this case the goose got an apology and will be welcomed, while common goslings will have to fend for themselves.
    Smart Police Chiefs would tell IKEA, "While I carry a firearm in the line of duty, I am also an American Citizen like those whom I serve. If you cannot respect our Constitution, I won't be spending the taxpayer's money via my salary in your store."

As a retired USAF Officer, that's my response.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.