Thread: Dinesh DíSouza book, America: Imagine a World Without Her, yanked from Costco shelves

Dinesh DíSouza book, America: Imagine a World Without Her, yanked from Costco shelves

Last edited by Nightmare; 07-08-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

G00gle misdirecting searches for D'Souza's 'America'. Filmmakers Demand to Know Why

The move comes on the heels of Costco allegedly removing the movie's source material, Dinesh D'Souza's book "America: Imagine a World Without Her," from its store shelves. Lawyers representing Dinesh DíSouzaís newest film, America, have fired off a letter to Google demanding that the search engine correct problems that they say are hampering the ability of consumers to figure out where the movie is playing. The letter claims that Google has been confusing America with 2016: Obamaís America, which was DíSouzaís first movie and has been out of theaters for two years, while Lionsgate released America on July 2

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...now-why-717081

Don't shop there, anti-2A libs. So, his book not being there has zero impact on my search for it.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Wait. Hold the presses. Costco has caved.

Costco has reversed its decision due to overwhelming opposition from members when it decided to remove this book from its stores. Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti announced that Dinesh DíSouzaís book, ďAmerica: Imagine the World Without Her,Ē will remain available to members and will be re-shipped to stores that have removed it.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

LOL Fool me once and shame on you. Fool me twice shames me.

Costco has shown its stripes many times, particularly its sly gun prohibition and, now, book-banning an influential anti-government screed. That they caved when called out merely demonstrates their lack of principle.

Eschew BigBox stores. Buy Mom&Pop. Shop local. Buy local. Eat local. Drink local brew.

People seem to forget that this same author stated America was responsible for the 9/11 attacks due to it's immorality. That was prior to him becoming a right wingnut huckster. Why anyone would buy his crap is beyond me.
    It may be that Costcoís response to DíSouzaís book was due to the fact that DíSouza is a confessed felon. In January, he pled guilty to violating campaign finance laws.

money talks

I do not understand why any of us would support any business or corporation that actively and publicly work against us. I do not like costco and therefore costco will never have access to my wallet.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    People seem to forget that this same author stated America was responsible for the 9/11 attacks due to it's immorality. That was prior to him becoming a right wingnut huckster. Why anyone would buy his crap is beyond me.
    It may be that Costcoís response to DíSouzaís book was due to the fact that DíSouza is a confessed felon. In January, he pled guilty to violating campaign finance laws.
    BeeBobby is responsible for the 9/11 attacks due to his immorality. That was prior to him becoming a right wing huckster. Why anyone would buy his crap is beyond me. It may be that Costco's response to D'souza's book is due to the fact that BeeBobby is a muckraker.

Sarah Palinís book, ďAmerica By Heart,Ē was sold on their shelves. Bill OíReillyís books are sold at Costco and so have numerous other conservative authors, but those actually sold.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Sarah Palinís book, ďAmerica By Heart,Ē was sold on their shelves. Bill OíReillyís books are sold at Costco and so have numerous other conservative authors, but those actually sold.
    Like all liberal critics, the American people may prove the liberal critics"review" to be nothing but liberal claptrap...again.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Like all liberal critics, the American people may prove the liberal critics"review" to be nothing but liberal claptrap...again.
    What's a clap trap? Lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/claptrap