• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The “Molon Labe” Independence Day Meet-up

SharpShootur

Hey Gang!

This month we celebrated our nation’s birthday! We celebrated our “inalienable rights” that are protected by our great U.S. Constitution. As sacred as our Amendments are in the constitution, it is our first ten that stand out the most. Of these, the 2nd Amendment is perhaps the most important.

However, we are not alone with our ideals of “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.” There was one man, a King that refused to be subjugated by another. With him were a few, a happy few, a small band of brothers who assisted him. He was ordered to surrender his weapons and accept the rule of a foreign ruler which he refused to recognize with one simple phrase…”Molon Labe.” His name was King Leonidas I!

For this month, the Las Vegas Open Carry of Southern Nevada has decided to celebrate the spirit of liberty by combining these two cultures together! It’s time for all you armed citizens to join with your fellow gods and goddesses at the Market Grille Café!

Please spread the word for the “Molon Labe” Independence Day Meet-up! The info is as follows:

Date: July 26, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m.
7070 N. Durango Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89149
(702) 396-0070

Let’s celebrate democracy with the culture that started it all! Hope to see you there! As always, if you're married, please bring your spouse! If you have a special someone in your life, don’t forget to bring them too! Of course, the more friends the merrier! It's gonna be a blast!

SharpShootur

P.S.
We're striving to make this a monthly event so please give me, SharpShootur, a list of any and all OC friendly restaurants and dives. That way, we'll have variety as well as good times!

28kfps

Hey Gang!

This month we celebrated our nation’s birthday! We celebrated our “inalienable rights” that are protected by our great U.S. Constitution. As sacred as our Amendments are in the constitution, it is our first ten that stand out the most. Of these, the 2nd Amendment is perhaps the most important.

However, we are not alone with our ideals of “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.” There was one man, a King that refused to be subjugated by another. With him were a few, a happy few, a small band of brothers who assisted him. He was ordered to surrender his weapons and accept the rule of a foreign ruler which he refused to recognize with one simple phrase…”Molon Labe.” His name was King Leonidas I!

For this month, the Las Vegas Open Carry of Southern Nevada has decided to celebrate the spirit of liberty by combining these two cultures together! It’s time for all you armed citizens to join with your fellow gods and goddesses at the Market Grille Café!

Please spread the word for the “Molon Labe” Independence Day Meet-up! The info is as follows:

Date: July 26, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m.
7070 N. Durango Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89149
(702) 396-0070

Let’s celebrate democracy with the culture that started it all! Hope to see you there! As always, if you're married, please bring your spouse! If you have a special someone in your life, don’t forget to bring them too! Of course, the more friends the merrier! It's gonna be a blast!

SharpShootur

P.S.
We're striving to make this a monthly event so please give me, SharpShootur, a list of any and all OC friendly restaurants and dives. That way, we'll have variety as well as good times!

I plan on making this one. What do you think about seeing how many would want to do a Strip walk afterwords? Looks to be some interested.

z28power

Jeez louise, this is really far from me! Like 32 miles! I didn't realize north Durango meant that far north, lol. I better get going now and go get some gas! See you guys there.

28kfps

And another great meet up. The food was very good. I am not into Greek food and needed some help with the menu however it was very good, very nice prompt service and no issues with the firearms. Felt very welcomed. Prices were also good.
I believe Sharp Shooter will be posting a better report later as he had to get up early for work today. Guessing we had around 12 ocers at the café, and I believe it was 7 that did the walk.
There was some kind of Latin day festival on Freemont Street, which is where we decided to do the walk.
No issues at all even though very crowed in some places. One guy from LA just moving here asks for a group picture however did not get a tip. Did not think of it at the time should have gave him a camera for a picture to post.
At one point as we were walking back the crowd was so thick after a few moments of not moving we decided to back out of the crowd and go another direction we came across a dark alleyway that would take us in the needed direction. The rule of thumb even in Las Vegas is not a good idea going down dark alleys. We stopped looked at each other said 7 grown men all armed good to go, down the dark alley we went.
We got a lot of looks, the local security watching us when we walked by. I was amassed I did not see one Metro with the large crowed, not one. May be they all thought we went to the strip.
These walks are always a good way for the ones not use to being in public ocing to become at ease ocing.
All in all great day of group ocing.
Thought for sure Grand Guy with his cowboy wheel gun rig and a full belt of ammo showing, cowboy hat would have got some tips for sure.
We did go to Denny’s in the Nenopalise however it is spelled for a milkshake, they also were very nice and had not problem with us Ocing.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Thought for sure Grand Guy with his cowboy wheel gun rig and a full belt of ammo showing, cowboy hat would have got some tips for sure...

He didn't want tips. He wanted phone numbers!