Thread: FAQ For Idaho

FAQ For Idaho

1. What is the law about consuming alcohol while carrying?

2. What is considered "plain view" for vehicle carry?

3. What are some of the things to be aware of while OC in Idaho (eg police encounters, businesses, general public)?

4. Can you carry into a bar? I know you can't in Washington but I've not read the Idaho codes.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

4. Can you carry into a bar? I know you can't in Washington but I've not read the Idaho codes.

Bars are not prohibited in Idaho.

Yes you can bring it into a bar, just not drunk. I would avoid drinking all together because just the smell on your breath would not look good for you if something bad happened.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    A claim often made, with no evidence that has ever been presented to indicate truth. I know, the canned response is, "Do you want to be the test case?"
    Mearly implying that you don't want to give the Antis any ammuntion to use, because we know how they can twist things.

If your in an accident and have been drinking your reputation will take a hit even if you are .07 and not drunk by definition.

DocWalker:

While it is True that a Person may Go Armed in Idaho with a Firearm which is in Plain View whilst Intoxicated, it is Perhaps not Good Judgment.

However, in and of Itself, Open Carry whilst Drunk in Idaho is not per se Illegal.

Idaho Law 18-3302B only Criminalizes Concealed Carry while Intoxicated.

aadvark
    Last edited by aadvark; 07-16-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    DocWalker:

While it is True that a Person may Go Armed in Idaho with a Firearm which is in Plain View whilst Intoxicated, it is Perhaps not Good Judgment.

However, in and of Itself, Open Carry whilst Drunk in Idaho is not per se Illegal.

Idaho Law 18-3302B only Criminalizes Concealed Carry while Intoxicated.

aadvark
    That gave me a good chuckle lol

Regular Member PistolPackingPagan's Avatar
    So If i have a Oregon and Washington CPL I am safe to conceal in Idaho? Is it correct they recognize all other CPL's?

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingPagan View Post
    So If i have a Oregon and Washington CPL I am safe to conceal in Idaho? Is it correct they recognize all other CPL's?
    Yes. I looked into this, in depth, and since I moved to Idaho from Washington state and I decided to keep my Washington CPL. My CPL looks the same as a Wa. residents permit except mine has my Idaho address and drivers license number on it. I just didn't see the need for the Idaho one.

Regular Member PistolPackingPagan's Avatar
    Awesome OCFreedom!!!

This is going to make my trip much easier then when I had to go down I-5 through cali for a short time and had to remove the mag and the chambered round.

Thanks for answering my question.

Regular Member SovereigntyOrDeath's Avatar
    I have been very leery to keep my sidearm holstered since it is on my right hip and not "in plain view" while driving. I choose to un-holster and place it into the 2 cup holders in the middle console of my truck. This way, if pulled over, it is in "plain view" if the police officer approaches either side of the vehicle. I need to figure out how to secure it though in case of an accident or defensive maneuver.

"(9) While in any motor vehicle, inside the limits or confines of any city, a person shall not carry a concealed weapon on or about his person without a license to carry a concealed weapon. This shall not apply to any firearm located in plain view whether it is loaded or unloaded. A firearm may be concealed legally in a motor vehicle so long as the weapon is disassembled or unloaded."