Thread: Still alive, but not because he did anything right. And did several stoopid things.

Still alive, but not because he did anything right. And did several stoopid things.

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/ind...ace-of-god-not

Basic story - guy comes home to a smashed in door, confronts theives carrying his guns out, shoots at them (once - his gun jams!), and manages to hide behind his pickup truck while they shoot back at him (probably using his guns but the article does not say).

And this was not the first time he was robbed of guns!

The lack of mention of a Residential Security Cabinet (gun safe to the misinformed) makes one wonder if there was one at all.

So many bad moves. Such a powerful guardian angel.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/ind...ace-of-god-not

Basic story - guy comes home to a smashed in door, confronts theives carrying his guns out, shoots at them (once - his gun jams!), and manages to hide behind his pickup truck while they shoot back at him (probably using his guns but the article does not say).

And this was not the first time he was robbed of guns!

The lack of mention of a Residential Security Cabinet (gun safe to the misinformed) makes one wonder if there was one at all.

So many bad moves. Such a powerful guardian angel.

stay safe.
    He says they were stealing his guns, and then they used those weapons to try to shoot him.

Some people delight in playing stupid games.........we all know what the potential prizes are.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

snipped
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    What was the weapon that jammed?
    Last edited by Bernymac; 07-10-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    snipped
    What was the weapon that jammed?
    A gun? :P

But seriously, I often wonder how much maintenance the average gun owner performs...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbod'1 View Post
    A gun? :P

But seriously, I often wonder how much maintenance the average gun owner performs...
    Never had any revolver ever jam ... pistols, yes.

Carry revolvers?

a semi auto can easily jam if you arent prepared for the shot or just squeezing a round off without your arm extended. If you dont have your arm locked, it can absorb enough recoil where the slide doesnt go far enough back to reload. I always carry a spare mag and when i shoot, i have a buddy throw a random snap cap in my first mag so i can practice clearing it and reloading with a fresh mag.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Never had any revolver ever jam ... pistols, yes.

Carry revolvers?
    I guess you haven't shot many revolvers or shot many rounds through them then.

Bad, dirty ammo, dirty guns, high primers, bullets that work forward during recoil, broken parts well all cause a revolver to malfunction.

I seen revolvers malfunction over time with or because of them over the last 50 some years of shooting.

Just like a good semi auto, a good revolver is very reliable but like any machine they are subject to failure.

It is one thing to say my hand gun has never malfunction in a few hundred rounds another to say that after a few 10s of thousands of rounds.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do